Doug McDermott at the next level? | Syracusefan.com

Doug McDermott at the next level?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
What do you guys envision for his prospects in the NBA? He is highly skilled...sick shooting...great basketball IQ...good size...

BUT he is really, really slow. His athleticism is not very impressive. I watched him in that game vs St. Johns and there were several times when he had wide open line to the rim and was too slow to get there and throw it down before a Johnny defender could at least foul him and prevent the flush.

I cant remember that last guy like him...he does much more than some of the other taller non athletic shooters of recent memory...

Can you see him defending the smaller forward position?

Dougie Buckets can ball - I wouldn't take him in the lottery, but I'd love to have him on my team

What do you guys envision for his prospects in the NBA? He is highly skilled...sick shooting...great basketball IQ...good size...

BUT he is really, really slow. His athleticism is not very impressive. I watched him in that game vs St. Johns and there were several times when he had wide open line to the rim and was too slow to get there and throw it down before a Johnny defender could at least foul him and prevent the flush.

I cant remember that last guy like him...he does much more than some of the other taller non athletic shooters of recent memory...

Peja Stojakovic.

Chris Mullins? Robert horry?

We don't want to play Creighton in the tourney. They are one of two teams we don't match up well with. The other one: Duke. Both have four shooters and a superstar.
McDermott will be a star in the NBA.

Larry Bird.

Gotcha..Just trying to get some context.
I believe he'll be an ok starter in the NBA. I don't believe he will be an all star. Certainly not an all time great like you do.

#2 overall draft pick keith van horn didn't exactly suck as a pro but certainly was nothing special. oh and he was white too. now havlicek...

Eh, I like the kid a lot, was still living in Iowa when he was in HS, so followed him for a bit w/ Harrison Barnes.

Anyway, I don't see him having a significant impact in the NBA. He'll put up Adam Morrison type numbers in rookie camp, and then put up Adam Morrison type numbers in the NBA. He's better than Morrison, better shooter, a bit more size, but just seems to lack the athleticism he'll need to really produce at the next level. He may stick for a bit, but not expecting too much from him.

Although I thought Gordon Heyward would be worthless in the NBA too (think I argued with Poppy for a bit on that one) and he's doing pretty well for himself. So, in conclusion, my NBA evaluation skillz are clearly suspect!

He's much better than Morrison. I think he'll be a 15-18 ppg scorer for a lot of years

He's much better than Morrison. I think he'll be a 15-18 ppg scorer for a lot of years

But can he grow a badass mustache like Morrison?

Doubtful.

the ghostache?

c480x270_15.jpg

He appears smarter (he's over 3.0 GPA) and more emotionally stable than Morrison. Plus he's a coaches kid. He scored 39 tonight against a really good Villanova team. He just passed Larry Bird on the all-time scorers list on his way to top ten in college all-time. He hasn't slumped at all this year. I repeat. I do not want to play Creighton.

wallacecuse said:
Doug will be better than Hedo.

Hedo was an excellent player who could play the point in a pinch. His IQ was extremely high and is bigger than Doug.

I think Doug will be a solid 6th man in the NBA but not much more than that.

He appears smarter (he's over 3.0 GPA) and more emotionally stable than Morrison. Plus he's a coaches kid. He scored 39 tonight against a really good Villanova team. He just passed Larry Bird on the all-time scorers list on his way to top ten in college all-time. He hasn't slumped at all this year. I repeat. I do not want to play Creighton.
While a terrific player and scorer, he has already played over 40 more games than Larry.

Wally had no post game, Doug does.

McDermott's bigger than those guys. He's more like a poor man's Larry Bird. I guess you might compare him to Steve Novak or Danilo Gallinari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom