Down the stretch... | Syracusefan.com

Down the stretch...

oTTo113445

2nd String
Offensive confidence down the stretch was a issue last game, for the first time this season. I think a big part of it was Sidibe sitting all half. Hughes and Buddy both got tentative, and Dolezaj tried to take over a bit, but missed 2 inside, which took away his aggressiveness in the fullcourt and forced him to shoot a jumper. He doesn't know it, but he lacks something like a simple high crossover when his man is 8 feet off of him, to back his man down.

But, Hughes, Buddy fell away down the stretch, and that was the main reason. Girard shot a three from the corner that rimmed right back to him, but didn't follow his shot because he was worried about transition Defense. Even coach said, I wasn't sure if we could score (which perplexes me with 3.5 iso players).

This team is built a bit different then other teams. I know there is little room for error, but when we have some score cushion, would like to see all 4 of those guys demand the ball more, and Guerrier when he gets boxout layup position. Even JB said after the game he wasn't sure if we could score. This may be part of the reason why we have been better on the road in conference play.

Girard has been knocking down 2-3 shots in a row and then missing 5-6 straight the last 5 games.

Also Sidibe deserves more credit for the win vs Pitt. We had like 6 blocks with him in the first half. I can think of another reason other then Hughes being held only to 10, why we should of been up by 25 at halftime. Curious on the halftime rebounding stats.

Some very good points. One thing JB seems to always do late in games when we have a lead is to 'take the air out of the ball". This has always driven me nuts, but usually we still end up winning. That's why I'm on this board and not on a bench somewhere. This was particularly evident yesterday, I thought, as it seemed we went to ISO ball with Hughes and the other guys were basically just standing around. We just lost our aggressiveness and it almost bit us.

Arguments can be made both ways I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom