Doyin YeYe Akintobi? | Syracusefan.com

Doyin YeYe Akintobi?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Who the hell is this? By searching a bit, looks like he's from Uniondale, NY. Didn't seem to play much in HS. Looks like he plays club basketball? He looks massive though... http://www.ncbbabasketball.org/GetFile.aspx?fileId=2697
Picture 3.png

I'm not sure what's going on here. Is the big guy a walk-on? #34 on our roster is Ron Patterson. I realize he may play on some SU club team but that looks like our real uniform.

I'm not sure what's going on here. Is the big guy a walk-on? #34 on our roster is Ron Patterson. I realize he may play on some SU club team but that looks like our real uniform.
Isn't that Buss in the picture, wearing #4? So maybe he's changed his number and this kid is a walk on?

Isn't that Buss in the picture, wearing #4? So maybe he's changed his number and this kid is a walk on?

Yeah, it's Buss. That's why I wasn't sure what to make of the pic, unless Patterson did change his #. This Akintobi guy is huge; assuming he's more skilled than Cat Rescuer (which is not asking for much, I know), he might be able to help us (at the very least in practice).

Yeah, it's Buss. That's why I wasn't sure what to make of the pic, unless Patterson did change his #. This Akintobi guy is huge; assuming he's more skilled than Cat Rescuer (which is not asking for much, I know), he might be able to help us (at the very least in practice).
A quick Google search revealed that this dude is 6-7, 230 or so, and during the 2011-12 season in high school he averaged 0.3 points and 0.3 rebounds.

So...I'm thinking he's solely a practice body.

ya, I would guess they've upgraded him to a member of the team

From the title I thought this was a thread about Riley Martin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom