Dramatic moment or ho hum Sweet 16? | Syracusefan.com

Dramatic moment or ho hum Sweet 16?

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Hypothetical. Would you rather win a first round game in dramatic fashion and bow out in round two, or make the sweet 16 in ho hum fashion and lose? Now let me be clear round one would be dramatic. Say a half court shot to win by 1. A shot that will live on in future year highlites. Ennis vs Pitt, but in the actual NCAA tournament. And the ho hum games would be ho hum. Think 94 NCAA Tournament. Syracuse beat Hawaii and Wisconsin Green Bay. I mean, I sorta remember that, but moments?

I'm usually about going as far as you can, live on to another day. Enjoy Orange hoops into the second weekend. But in this scenario I think I'd be inclined to sign up for scenario 1.

Always go as far as you can. I prefer to add to the cumulative number of program sweet 16 appearances than have another Marius Janulis Iona highlight.

I get that. I'm only slightly on the other side. But again, not a Janulis shot. A 45 footer, or 4 ot play to win by 1 with under a second to go (that scenario would be even more miraculous considering it would mean we would have made the free throw!)

different sport, but is Endy Chavez' catch really meaningful at this point?

Well, I mean the Mets didn't even win the game did they? I'm talking a win. I'm talking Carlton Fisk, the image of a world series they lost.

Ps- I hate the sox

Should be the greatest defensive play in baseball history.

Thanks Heilman

Ho hum S16 obvs.

A close game against Baylor sounds terrible. I might not even watch the end.

i was in the building for that game. shea was off the charts loud that nite, and after that catch is was bedlam.

that game is the toughest loss ive ever had to deal with. soul crushihg loss. it still hurts. probably similar to how cuse fans feel about indiana, but i was only 8 in 87. and at least we got redemption in 03. still waiting for my mets redemption.

I think the open round dramatic highlights only live in infamy if they put a cinderella over the top.

I can't remember a dramatic moment from an 8/9 game, or one that has lasted in NCAA lore.

Hypothetical. Would you rather win a first round game in dramatic fashion and bow out in round two, or make the sweet 16 in ho hum fashion and lose? Now let me be clear round one would be dramatic. Say a half court shot to win by 1. A shot that will live on in future year highlites. Ennis vs Pitt, but in the actual NCAA tournament. And the ho hum games would be ho hum. Think 94 NCAA Tournament. Syracuse beat Hawaii and Wisconsin Green Bay. I mean, I sorta remember that, but moments?

I'm usually about going as far as you can, live on to another day. Enjoy Orange hoops into the second weekend. But in this scenario I think I'd be inclined to sign up for scenario 1.
Is this a serious question. I love making it to the sweet 16. I'm excited all week

I think the open round dramatic highlights only live in infamy if they put a cinderella over the top.

I can't remember a dramatic moment from an 8/9 game, or one that has lasted in NCAA lore.
Butler-ODU from 2011.