Dream Come True: Buddy Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Dream Come True: Buddy Boeheim

Great article! I wonder, though, about his older brother Jimmy, and whether he, too, wanted to play at SU? Anyone know about that dynamic?
Not good enough to make an impact at the ACC level. I'm sure he and his father discussed this.

Great article! I wonder, though, about his older brother Jimmy, and whether he, too, wanted to play at SU? Anyone know about that dynamic?
Jimmy was/is an excellent student. He was always going to go to an Ivy League school. He was recruited by several of the Ivies (including Harvard), and he opted to stay close to home at Cornell. He also recognized his ceiling as a player, and he never thought that Syracuse was a logical option for him if he wanted to play meaningful minutes.

'Devendorf didn’t touch Buddy’s jump shot — it was already “unbelievable,” he said. McNamara compared it to NBA All-Star Klay Thompson’s...'

Um...excuse me?

If your just comparing form and ability to shoot I don't see what is so appalling. Now , as a complete player, of course it's ludicrous to make that comparison. I took it as the former given Buddy has a textbook jump shot as does Klay.

Jimmy was/is an excellent student. He was always going to go to an Ivy League school. He was recruited by several of the Ivies (including Harvard), and he opted to stay close to home at Cornell. He also recognized his ceiling as a player, and he never thought that Syracuse was a logical option for him if he wanted to play meaningful minutes.

Grad transfer in three seasons?

Not good enough to make an impact at the ACC level. I'm sure he and his father discussed this.
Oh, I’m sure it was discussed quite a bit.
Thank you! As brothers and sisters grow up, they all work to find the things they excell in and come to terms with the things they don’t. Competition is normal in sibling relationships and it can be a constructive or destructive force. It sounds like this was handled by the Boeheims in a loving, accepting way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom