Drew Allen pro prospect per Sonny Detmer | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen pro prospect per Sonny Detmer

It sounds like this is the kind of training that NY prospects (ie Hunt, Kinder) don't really get to experience.

The more I learn about Drew Allen, the more excited I am that we're adding him to the fold. May the best QB win, whoever that ends up being, but I have a feeling this kid is going to be a very good addition for us--and that he is going to shore up what [on paper, heading into the season] is our major team weakness.

And best of all, [1] this doesn't impact long term recruiting, as Allen is only here for one year, and [2] it gives younger players like Hunt / Wilson / Kimble / etc. another year to be immersed in the system, potentially enhancing their ability to take over the following year. Terrell Hunt, I'm looking at you.

Best case scenario type of situation, adding a talent like Allen who played at a high-major program.

The more I learn about Drew Allen, the more excited I am that we're adding him to the fold. May the best QB win, whoever that ends up being, but I have a feeling this kid is going to be a very good addition for us--and that he is going to shore up what [on paper, heading into the season] is our major team weakness.

And best of all, [1] this doesn't impact long term recruiting, as Allen is only here for one year, and [2] it gives younger players like Hunt / Wilson / Kimble / etc. another year to be immersed in the system, potentially enhancing their ability to take over the following year. Terrell Hunt, I'm looking at you.

Best case scenario type of situation, adding a talent like Allen who played at a high-major program.
Agreed. We kept waiting for FHCDM to bring in "his QB". Never happened. (admittedly if he had our potentially 1st round QB may have been able to keep them on the bench anyhow.) One year of Allen gives McDonald a year to bring in "his QB". Job should be wide open next year. Would be great if McDonald brought in a kid that could participate in the Spring.

Agreed. We kept waiting for FHCDM to bring in "his QB". Never happened. (admittedly if he had our potentially 1st round QB may have been able to keep them on the bench anyhow.) One year of Allen gives McDonald a year to bring in "his QB". Job should be wide open next year. Would be great if McDonald brought in a kid that could participate in the Spring.
AJ Long should be a spring enrollee...

Long, Hunt, Wilson - nice start for the future.

Oops, my bad. Just not used to this many options!

Can look at it as "bringing in" his QB, or time to develop a QB within the program, as Nassib developed under Marrone/Hackett.
Allen gives this team a better chance to compete this year in the ACC, while Hunt and the others develop.
Now, let's see Hunt have a big day today and create some competition for Allen.

So we wind with a quarterback from Texas named Allen anyway? (Any relation?)