Driving in from MA for GTown, need recommendations | Syracusefan.com

Driving in from MA for GTown, need recommendations

MCC

Starter
Looking forward to pasting the future anchor school of the Directional Sisters of the Poor conference. Haven't been to S.U. in a long time and would appreciate parking recommendations, etc. I have a disabled placard (injuries from being hit by car) so that may help.

Is the traffic driving in prior to games heavy?

I have seats in 124 and wonder which gate is best / earliest to head in through (I've heard C is open earliest)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. I'll be spending the weekend in Syracuse and showing my daughter around campus and the neighborhood where I was raised (Liverpool).

LGO!

Traffic will be hell starting around 3pm, but only on the city streets on the university side of 81. Plenty of lots will be open and charging ($20 or so) along University Ave... but that's a bit of a hike. Will defer to the cagey parking veterans for parking recommendations.

I would think this is the perfect game to take advantage of the downtown bar bus service ... park downtown for $5 or so (or luck out with a free spot on the street), have some quality brew, avoid all the horrific traffic, and get bussed back for a head start on the post-game celebrations! But depending on your daughter's age, that's not a good option for kids.

Looking forward to pasting the future anchor school of the Directional Sisters of the Poor conference. Haven't been to S.U. in a long time and would appreciate parking recommendations, etc. I have a disabled placard (injuries from being hit by car) so that may help.

Is the traffic driving in prior to games heavy?

I have seats in 124 and wonder which gate is best / earliest to head in through (I've heard C is open earliest)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. I'll be spending the weekend in Syracuse and showing my daughter around campus and the neighborhood where I was raised (Liverpool).

LGO!
MCC - if you have a disabled placard or card (sorry about the accident), you can park in a special section of the Skytop lot. The Skytop bus for that section has no line so that you can get right on the bus. In addition, that Skytop bus will drop you off right next to the Dome and not at Sims hall which would require you to walk through the Quad. It really is a great service they provide and one you are able to take advantage of because of your injuries. Your daughter will be able to ride with you as each car witha disabled sticker can get up to four passes to ride that bus. Hope this helps. LGO

Excellent... more then excellent. Thanks for your kind words, and great to know that such a service exists! I will mos def take advantage of it.

Gate A is where you want to go in as that will be the shortest walk to your section (literally the access to the floor is right inside of Gate A). Gates B and C will be a lot of stairs where Gate A you just walk right in.

Reactions: MCC
Gate A is where you want to go in as that will be the shortest walk to your section (literally the access to the floor is right inside of Gate A). Gates B and C will be a lot of stairs where Gate A you just walk right in.

Thanks, makes sense. I'll look for you to enter through Gate F.

You know why.

Thanks, makes sense. I'll look for you to enter through Gate F.

You know why.
Someone ought to put up a UCONN sweater just to the right of the sign at Gate F, or a GT one for tomorrow and take a picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom