Duke Game Preview (March 5th, 4pm) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game Preview (March 5th, 4pm)

That question about Spallina playing with O'Neill in the past and impact on the next game was just plain ridiculous. Gait could have handled it more diplomatically but...I can't blame him for his reaction.

Hey I'm going to Syracuse for the game this wknd. Going Saturday so does anyone know where I can watch the UFC fights Saturday night? Any bars show the fights I can go to that's fairly close by?

Hey I'm going to Syracuse for the game this wknd. Going Saturday so does anyone know where I can watch the UFC fights Saturday night? Any bars show the fights I can go to that's fairly close by?
Dave & Busters inside the Mall shows all the fights. That or BWW is your only bets

Leo was held scoreless against UNC but demoting him seems a bit harsh. He's been really good this year at initiating the offense, even if what he does, doesn't lead to goals or assists. That said, this might help balance things between initiators/facilitators and finishers. With Kirst on the field at attack perhaps they feel like they can split up the initiators? Now you have two facilitators (Thomson and Simmons / Cook and Leo) with a finisher (Birtwistle / Rhoa) at midfield for each line. I think, if this is true, it's a good balance.

I get moving Simmons to middie, I think he clearly looks more comfortable there. I do question moving Kirst versus moving Thomson. I like Kirst a lot but Thomson's ceiling is absurd and you wonder what he can do versus a teams 3rd pole instead of the LSM.

That said I think Birtwistle has to be on the 1st line, there's no scenario where he isn't in the top 6. Birtwistle, Simmons and Thomson, good look short sticking three of those guys. Rhoa on the 1st line next year is already something I can't wait to see.

I worry a bit about Cook now that Kirst is off the 2nd line. He seemed to really play well off of him and he has limited the mistakes (for the most part and that dumb BTB pass last game notwithstanding) I hope Cook continues to play well, 2nd midline has been getting a lot of run and playing well. Kempney's lack of PT after falling to the third line is a bit concerning. You wonder if he should have been redshirted.

I went to the Basketball game last night for the first time. Man what a great time I had. So glad I decided to go.
Sure is a great time. Even better when we are NCAA qualifying team.

Sure is a great time. Even better when we are NCAA qualifying team.

Yeah was just cool it was the 2003 reunion and they played well so place was rocking. I had a lot of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom