Duke game | Syracusefan.com

Duke game

SBU72

All Conference
It seemed to me that SU for once looked tired / lost last night. They definitely looked out of step / slow for what I think is the first time all year. They can thank Coach K for holding the ball most of the time during the last 8 minutes or it would have been easily a 30 point lose. Hopefully come Monday, they'll be energized by the crowd and Rak's senior night on.

Really proud of the way they played the last few games, but yeah. Agree with this. They're definitely tired. Long season. Not a ton of depth. Still. Just happy for these kids, to see them compete and not give up no matter how tough a hand they were dealt.

We don't get tired.

Have you ever watched a soccer game before?

It seemed to me that SU for once looked tired / lost last night. They definitely looked out of step / slow for what I think is the first time all year. They can thank Coach K for holding the ball most of the time during the last 8 minutes or it would have been easily a 30 point lose. Hopefully come Monday, they'll be energized by the crowd and Rak's senior night on.

There was a point where Duke held the ball and Orange sat back in defense as the clocked rolled on and on. At that point I was thinking years ago this would be the point when JB would have the team go man-to-man. Duke taking so much time off the clock holding the ball and the Orange down by such a large amount. It's been a long time since I've question zone versus man. Maybe it didn't matter but it's hard not to wonder what could have been done to do better in that game.

I really hate Cameron stadium. It's just such an unfair advantage for Duke to have fans screaming at our players within spitting distance. It's a complete lack of sportsmanship. There should be at least 15 to 20 feet distance from the fans. Why have referees at this point or give each fan a megaphone.

There was a point where Duke held the ball and Orange sat back in defense as the clocked rolled on and on. At that point I was thinking years ago this would be the point when JB would have the team go man-to-man. Duke taking so much time off the clock holding the ball and the Orange down by such a large amount. It's been a long time since I've question zone versus man. Maybe it didn't matter but it's hard not to wonder what could have been done to do better in that game.

I really hate Cameron stadium. It's just such an unfair advantage for Duke to have fans screaming at our players within spitting distance. It's a complete lack of sportsmanship. There should be at least 15 to 20 feet distance from the fans. Why have referees at this point or give each fan a megaphone.
If coach wanted the team to press, they would have moved up on the ball and not sit back. It didn't matter if they were in zone or m-2-m. If you had watched any Duke games you would realize that being in a zone had nothing to do how the Duke offense was able to perform. They have done the same thing all year. When you have a player of Okafor's ability and add Winslo, it's easy to play inside out against ALL defenses. Heck they wouldn't be #5 if they couldn't.

And for all those who think the OP was saying that that I think the team is worn out, you are wrong. If anything, it looked more mental than physical. As if the "ban" had finally got to them. As I said, hopefully the meaning of tonight's game and the crowd will energize them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom