Duke .. Is this cool or bizarre? | Syracusefan.com

Duke .. Is this cool or bizarre?

Cool or bizarre...or both?

I like that a lot. Doesn't guarantee that the "best" fans sit up close, but one can do worse than a test like this.

I've got some stumpers for the Duke students:

Q - who was the Duke basketball coach before Coach K?

Q - what is the difference between a flop and a blocking call?

Q - how is it that Duke has never been charged with recruiting violations, such as with Corey Maggette and Lance Thomas, or for providing houses and jobs for family members of recruits?

Q - how come the 4-15 record when Coack K was out with a "bad back" isn't on his coaching record?

Q - how come Duke didn't forfeit any wins for the academic fraud of Greg Newton or Ricky Pierce?

Q - why is Grayson Allen such a douchebag?

Q - how is it that Duke has never been charged with recruiting violations, such as with Corey Maggette and Lance Thomas, or for providing houses and jobs for family members of recruits?

Q - how come the 4-15 record when Coack K was out with a "bad back" isn't on his coaching record?

Q - how come Duke didn't forfeit any wins for the academic fraud of Greg Newton or Ricky Pierce?

The answer to the next to last question is that the two players were punished for their own behavior...haven't seen evidence that it had anything to do with the team.

The last question was offered on the test as extra credit. So far no one has been able to answer it.

The Blue Devils Aren't Angels

I know Chris Duhon got a Lexus, and his mom got a house and a job in Durham. (A job that theretofore had never existed in the company, which was a large company owned by one of Duke's biggest boosters. )

I think their student body section is the main reason I hate them so much, its like a Star Trek convention in there during the games. To be honest I don't know how this doesn't deter recruits. Outside of your teammates, I can imaging these kids wanting to socialize with thousands of Sheldon Coopers on a daily basis :crazy:

It's neither cool or bizarre.

It's expected behaviour from Duke snobs who want to think they are better than everybody else. When in fact all they cheer for is a fraudulent coach and program.

Extra credit questions

How many times did Greg Paulus flop during his Duke career?

On a scale of 1-10 how big of a jerk was Christian Laetnner?

Why don't Duke players make it in the pros?

I know Chris Duhon got a Lexus, and his mom got a house and a job in Durham. (A job that theretofore had never existed in the company, which was a large company owned by one of Duke's biggest boosters. )
"Purely coincidental." "Serendipitous happenstance."

{Somebody please help me here I've run out of things to say.}

How much money did Brian Davis and Chistian Laettner "loan" from other Duke players that has never been repaid?

How many NCAA coaches have went out of their way to slam one early entry from their school to over a dozen NBA GM's?

Which NCAA coach expects a team not to shoot when the the shot clock is running out with 15 seconds left in the game? Which NCAA coach will then go on the podium and lie about what he said? Who is the bigger child - the NCAA player who took a shot with no time left on the shot clock with 15 seconds left in the game or the coach who confronts him about it and lies about what he said to the media?

How many losses in a row is required for Coach K to not be able to deal with the mental stress of his bad back?

Last edited:
"hey my tent is prada . not one of those LL bean joke-offs. the zipper is like hand stitched turtle bone."
... i spent last summer at Cherokee national Parks.

Last edited:
Do they have a special education test?
If not I calling DeVos tomorrow to file a complaint

How much money did Brian Davis and Chistian Laettner "loan" from other Duke players that has never been repaid?

How many NCAA coaches have went out of their way to slam one early entry from their school to over a dozen NBA GM's?

Which NCAA coach expects a team not to shoot when the the shot clock is running out with 15 seconds left in the game? Which NCAA coach will then go on the podium and lie about what he said? Who is the bigger child - the NCAA player who took a shot with no time left on the shot clock with 15 seconds left in the game or the coach who confronts him about it and lies about what he said to the media?

How many losses in a row is required for Coach K to not be able to deal with the mental stress of his bad back?
Ouch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom