Duke offense vs Virginia defense | Syracusefan.com

Duke offense vs Virginia defense

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm kinda looking forward to this game as a basketball fan. Really have no preference who wins but I guess the better Duke's resume looks, our will look better as well. I know ESPN has publicized this game a lot and I am a little surprised it's not later like 8 pm or something.

Virginia has given up more than 64 points only once this year (71 to Maryland) and Duke is averaging over 90 so something has to give, In Duke's two losses they have scored 87 and 91 and the lowest they have scored in a game is 69 vs Texas Tech in a game they won by 11. Virginia has outscored their ACC opponents by 20.5 in their four conference wins so far so it's not like they are a slouch on offense either.

So what's going to happen: Should be a great game. Duke is favored by three and I think most people would be shocked if the final score was much different. It could come down to the last possession. It could also be a lower scoring game like Duke vs Texas Tech but I don't think so.

Not only was Duke shorthanded the other night but they might have underestimated our guys as most people did (17 points Vegas!!!!-what were you thinking). I think Duke will be more ready but it will still be close. Duke 83 Virginia 77.

I'm kinda looking forward to this game as a basketball fan. Really have no preference who wins but I guess the better Duke's resume looks, our will look better as well. I know ESPN has publicized this game a lot and I am a little surprised it's not later like 8 pm or something.

Virginia has given up more than 64 points only once this year (71 to Maryland) and Duke is averaging over 90 so something has to give, In Duke's two losses they have scored 87 and 91 and the lowest they have scored in a game is 69 vs Texas Tech in a game they won by 11. Virginia has outscored their ACC opponents by 20.5 in their four conference wins so far so it's not like they are a slouch on offense either.

So what's going to happen: Should be a great game. Duke is favored by three and I think most people would be shocked if the final score was much different. It could come down to the last possession. It could also be a lower scoring game like Duke vs Texas Tech but I don't think so.

Not only was Duke shorthanded the other night but they might have underestimated our guys as most people did (17 points Vegas!!!!-what were you thinking). I think Duke will be more ready but it will still be close. Duke 83 Virginia 77.
No way Virginia gives up 83 points.

I'll be very surprised if Duke wins, I think Virginia will be in control the whole game.

duke w/out tre jones is a different team. i'd probably favor uva even with jones playing, but without him i think they'll crush.

i'm surprised at the lack of depth duke has at the pg position.

Virginia's pack line defense was exposed today. Can't out athlete Duke. Doesn't help that they couldn't hit the ocean if they were in a boat.

Holy cow!!! Virginia beat the spread with that last second no nothing basket. That is why I don't bet on sports. I still feel good about my original prediction. I think Duke could have gotten to 83 if this wasn't such a brick fest. I don't care what people say about our game vs Duke, right now Duke has some issues. They can be beat, even with Reddish. They need Tre Jones back soon.

with michigan & uva both losing ... does duke keep #1 despite loss to su?

Bad beat Vegas style: Duke giving up 3.5 in most sports books. UVA down 4 as time is expiring, tosses in meaningless shot to lose by 2.

Those that picked Duke and laid the points vomit in their collective mouths.

I waited for Duke to take the early lead and then bet on Virginia in-game... got some in at +4.5 and some at +6.5 when Duke was up 5 early.

Holy cow!!! Virginia beat the spread with that last second no nothing basket. That is why I don't bet on sports. I still feel good about my original prediction. I think Duke could have gotten to 83 if this wasn't such a brick fest. I don't care what people say about our game vs Duke, right now Duke has some issues. They can be beat, even with Reddish. They need Tre Jones back soon.
Anti-SU people were probably saying the only reasons we beat Duke were Reddish was out the whole game and Jones for most of it. Well today Reddish did not add much to the Duke team, Jones was still out, and they beat UVA. Validates our victory.

Anti-SU people were probably saying the only reasons we beat Duke were Reddish was out the whole game and Jones for most of it. Well today Reddish did not add much to the Duke team, Jones was still out, and they beat UVA. Validates our victory.

Reddish really hasn’t done much. He might have a nice skill set that gives him high pro potential, but at Duke he’s been a ball hog who usually misses and often turns it over.

11 shots per game in 23 minutes? 3 turnovers in 23 minutes? 38%? Not good numbers at all.

Did anybody else notice the number of times Virginia was on offense and missed a wide open man flashing to the basket? I mean all alone and no Duke player within several feet. I counted at least 4 times, and there were likely a couple more.

Bad beat Vegas style: Duke giving up 3.5 in most sports books. UVA down 4 as time is expiring, tosses in meaningless shot to lose by 2.

luckily I took Duke by -1.5 for the first half...then had UVA -0.5 for the second half.
winning

Duke usee the same offensive philosophy we used in 2nd hald against UVA in the Elite 8 in 2016. Spread them out and then drive

Just gotta day that I’ve never seen more people who look like they never touched a basketball in their lives than Duke fans. Every time I watch a game at Cameron the same thought comes to mind. Bunch of what looks to be skinny guys about 5’7” bouncing in unison. Kinda odd and a joke

Man I almost did that too. Just couldn't see them losing 2 in a row at home Jones or no Jones. As a corollary I sorta liked UVA's game more than most. It'd be one thing if Dook had a 8pt margin or something most of the way; as they didn't, it doesn't make the pantheon of bad beats imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom