Duke/Wake | Syracusefan.com

Duke/Wake

cspades99

2nd String
Fun game, lots of athletes and free-moving offense. Objectively, it's fun watching games at Cameron.

Duke's defense really isn't good. While Louisville was such a missed opp, law of averages with the shooting have me thinking that could be an 80+ night for the Orange.

Last edited:
Haha, I've definitely been laughing at this "they are a team to be feared now!" because they put a handful of good games together.

This VT/Louisville game is good, too.

upload_2017-2-18_14-52-27.png

Down to the wire.

How come they show more Duke parents than any other schools.

I dislike Duke as much as anybody, but I'd take Kennard any day. He's a great college SG/SF. Good handle..can drive and shoot from outside. and do a little rebounding.

I dislike Duke as much as anybody, but I'd take Kennard any day. He's a great college SG/SF. Good handle..can drive and shoot from outside. and do a little rebounding.

Great offensive player. Can't guard anyone.

and anyone who still scoffs at our earlier win over Wake - they're a very good offensive team that has been a bit unlucky this year - that was a solid, important win for us

The ACC has a lot of good teams. I tend to think the conference is generally overstated year after year, but they are CLEARLY the best collection of teams in the country. I'll be 100% shocked if the ACC doesn't claim at least 2 FF spots.

The ACC has a lot of good teams. I tend to think the conference is generally overstated year after year, but they are CLEARLY the best collection of teams in the country. I'll be 100% shocked if the ACC doesn't claim at least 2 FF spots.

Is be surprised if UNC doesn't make it to Phoenix. The other teams are in the same boat as everyone else.

Is be surprised if UNC doesn't make it to Phoenix. The other teams are in the same boat as everyone else.

You're clearly forgetting that Duke is now the team to beat because K had surgery.

You're clearly forgetting that Duke is now the team to beat because K had surgery.

I like this Duke team now. Do they have to spank these teams to be improved? Tatum's emergence is a huge boost for them.

They've always had the pieces and more talent than most. I just find the yo-yo of the coverage to be hilarious. Infusing young talent that didn't start healthy was always going to be a roller coaster.

notice how when it really matters in the game (pretty much the entire 2nd half today) only Tatum of the fab freshmen are on the floor?

notice how when it really matters in the game (pretty much the entire 2nd half today) only Tatum of the fab freshmen are on the floor?

I know he's coming back from a big injury, but one story that has gone under the radar is how mediocre Giles has been. This guy was the number one recruit in the country by most services.

Too much talk about them from the media that I'm just sick of it. I think if Duke played Nova on a neutral court Nova would win by 10 right now. They don't play much D.

I know he's coming back from a big injury, but one story that has gone under the radar is how mediocre Giles has been. This guy was the number one recruit in the country by most services.

He hadn't played in two years. I think it was unrealistic to have him ranked as the top recruit to begin with. If I was him I would have sat out the entire season because his NBA stock has cratered.

He hadn't played in two years. I think it was unrealistic to have him ranked as the top recruit to begin with. If I was him I would have sat out the entire season because his NBA stock has cratered.

Yeah, I agree. Why don't any of those recruiting analysts eat crow? There is no accountability.

Too much talk about them from the media that I'm just sick of it. I think if Duke played Nova on a neutral court Nova would win by 10 right now. They don't play much D.

I agree. Duke is better, though, with Tatum a big factor. Their defense sucks outside of Jones, who is one of the top defenders in the country.

and he'll definitely still be a top-20 pick in the draft, won't he? so it will pretty much be a waste for duke in regard to Giles

and anyone who still scoffs at our earlier win over Wake - they're a very good offensive team that has been a bit unlucky this year - that was a solid, important win for us
Danny Manning is a good young coach. He's starting to get the players he wants and he knows how to pull a winning team together from his own college experience. Danny and the Miracles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom