Dungey's Heisman campaign begins tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Dungey's Heisman campaign begins tomorrow

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Last call on this bandwagon.

I'm not even joking. Dungey is going to be one of the ten best QBs in college football this season. We all thought we had something special in him last season, and that was with a dysfunctional offense.

Now, he's playing in a system that makes pedestrian QBs into juggernauts. Take a good QB like Dungey and have him direct a balls to the wall offense like this and special things happen.

BUCKLE UP

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fexcited-baby.gif

Last call on this bandwagon.

I'm not even joking. Dungey is going to be one of the ten best QBs in college football this season. We all thought we had something special in him last season, and that was with a dysfunctional offense.

Now, he's playing in a system that makes pedestrian QBs into juggernauts. Take a good QB like Dungey and have him direct a balls to the wall offense like this and special things happen.

BUCKLE UP
Oh, my. Yes

I think Heisman contender is definitely a possibility in two years if he improves steadily this year. When this O starts rolling next year, he should put up some serious numbers, setting up a lot of positive press heading into his senior year.

I think Heisman contender is definitely a possibility in two years if he improves steadily this year. When this O starts rolling next year, he should put up some serious numbers, setting up a lot of positive press heading into his senior year.
The O starts rolling tonight. Seriously, our minds are going to be blown by an offense that is probably running at 70% capacity right now.

There will be no senior year. He will kill it this year and next and off to the NFL! Then TD will break his records. ;)

There will be no senior year. He will kill it this year and next and off to the NFL! Then TD will break his records. ;)

Would that be just in time for our new recruit from Jersey (you know, where we cannot compete for recruits against Rutgers*) to have completed his red shirt year and step up to the line of scrimmage?

* We may not be competing with UM, tOSU and PedState - yet, but we can certainly compete for recruits with Rutgers!

The O starts rolling tonight. Seriously, our minds are going to be blown by an offense that is probably running at 70% capacity right now.

I hope you're right, but I defer to Coach Babers when he says there will be times this year when the offense will struggle and that it really gets rolling in year 2. The Heisman is usually a two-year contest, where the foundation is laid in the first year and won or lost in the second. And, for a QB to win, he usually has to be on a very successful team.

But, hey, I'm really amped up about tonight and getting to see what this offense can do. We've been tortured for far too long with boring offense and overly conservative decisionmaking.

I hope you're right, but I defer to Coach Babers when he says there will be times this year when the offense will struggle and that it really gets rolling in year 2.
I see what you mean, but that doesn't mean our offense is going to look like Wake Forest or UCONN's did last night.

I hope the offense doesn't stink it up tonight otherwise this thread is going to turn into Photobucket burning couch :p:p

I see what you mean, but that doesn't mean our offense is going to look like Wake Forest or UCONN's did last night.

I never compared us to those teams. I think it's safe to say that there is a sizeable gap between UConn/Wake and the best offenses in college football.

I never compared us to those teams. I think it's safe to say that there is a sizeable gap between UConn/Wake and the best offenses in college football.
I know you didn't. I'm just saying that while the offense isn't really going to roll, it's not going to be a slog either.

I hope the offense doesn't stink it up tonight otherwise this thread is going to turn into Photobucket burning couch :p:p
Not happening.

Not happening.
I'm going with you meaning that the offense won't stink. Because if the offense does stink, this board would be Photobucket burning couch.

A lot of belief without evidence going on in this thread.

Not a doubt in my mind that if we can keep ED healthy he'll be our best QB easily since McNabb. He'll break all kinds of passing records. Is there any truth to the rumopr he's going to change his name to McDungey or maybe MacDungey?

DeGrozz said:
A lot of belief without evidence going on in this thread.

What option do we have? Apathetic skepticism? Sounds like fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom