Dunk City to LA | Syracusefan.com

Dunk City to LA

Feeling a little selfish here - but whew!

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I was asked this weekend if Boeheim would retire if he wins the NC this year. It makes me feel a lot better if Hop is still on the staff.

awesome!

I think we were by far the most worried about Hop. He wasnt mentioned nearly as much as some of the other candidates.

Feeling very selfish, but this is good news for the program. Not great news for Hop.

TRUST YOU ME... ON MY BOTTOM DOLLAR I WILL BET THIS IS THE BEST THING FOR HOP.

I dont care if we are on probation for 1 year or 2 years. Hop is getting the keys to the ferrari. and it aint slowing down.

Wonder If hop would be in play for Minnesota Job.

Why would he be that desperate?

USC was at least in an awesome city that is his home.

He will be the next coach at Syracuse.

Feeling very selfish, but this is good news for the program. Not great news for Hop.

Ultimately it is great news for Hop. (Unless the NCAA guts the program, which is possible.)

Or New Mexico?
Nope - if UNM goes for an asst coach it will be Craig Neal, Alford's asst, who has already been named interim coach & is probably the favorite to be named permanent coach. IMHO, 80 to 90% Neal gets the gig & if not it would be a name coach.

I have posted several times that there have been too many names associated w USC. If Hop was really their guy, it would already be a done deal pending just the end of the Dance.

Nope - if UNM goes for an asst coach it will be Craig Neal, Alford's asst, who has already been named interim coach & is probably the favorite to be named permanent coach. IMHO, 80 to 90% Neal gets the gig & if not it would be a name coach.

I have posted several times that there have been too many names associated w USC. If Hop was really their guy, it would already be a done deal pending just the end of the Dance.

I still can't believe how dumb of a move it is for Alford to leave that UNM job. They would have carved a bust of the guy out of Sandia Peak if he got to a Sweet 16 there. At UCLA he will be canned with absurd prejudice if he doesn't make two Elite 8's in the next three years. Plus he'll be coked up and busted with a hooker on Hollywood Blvd before the time he coaches in his second Pac-12 tourney.