DVR'ed the game | Syracusefan.com

DVR'ed the game

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
because I was out until 8:30ish PM. Started watching before the game was over from the beginning without seeing anything. Flipped the phone over so I would not see any texts or updates and put it on vibrate. I knew something happened in the game because my phone started blowing the heck up. I was pumped because I thought it blew up when we took the lead with 10 seconds left to finish off the game. Got extra salty because I thought it blew up with 2 stupid clutch free throws from Zanna with 4 seconds left... never guessed what would happen next. My heart is still pounding. IT'S GREAT TO BE ORANGE!

because I was out until 8:30ish PM. Started watching before the game was over from the beginning without seeing anything. Flipped the phone over so I would not see any texts or updates and put it on vibrate. I knew something happened in the game because my phone started blowing the heck up. I was pumped because I thought it blew up when we took the lead with 10 seconds left to finish off the game. Got extra salty because I thought it blew up with 2 stupid clutch free throws from Zanna with 4 seconds left... never guessed what would happen next. My heart is still pounding. IT'S GREAT TO BE ORANGE!

You need to just shut it off when you are behind or can't watch it until later. I often have to catch some of the weeknight games after work so I DVR also but I am so paranoid if my phone is vibrating wondering whether it is good happenings or people talking to me that it takes away from the game. So now I just make sure my phone is off and tell people to contact the wife if they need me LOL

Ha! I had to dvr it as well because I had class - during class at about 9:05 my phone started going crazy so I knew something was up with the ending of the game. But I refused to turn on my phone or check the internet or anything. I got home and proceeded to watch the game with the gut feeling we somehow would pull it out because people wouldn't have been frantically trying to get hold of me if we'd lost. So even when we were down 9 and then down 4 with under 2 minutes left I just kind of knew we'd win—just not in the manner we did. :)

I DVR'd the game and forgot to add my usual 30 minutes to the game and it cut off with 20 seconds to go in the game! Luckily I have ESPN3 and was able to fast forward to the end. I think that shot tops the Pearls shot.

I DVR'd the game and forgot to add my usual 30 minutes to the game and it cut off with 20 seconds to go in the game! Luckily I have ESPN3 and was able to fast forward to the end. I think that shot tops the Pearls shot.

That stinks.

Sherm, let this be a lesson to you: when you set up to record games, ALWAYS adjust the end time of taping to include an extra 30 minutes. It only takes 15 extra seconds.

who else plays logic games when they are trying to NOT know the outcome of a game? we have those that text us when things are bad...others that text us when things are good..others that just text randomly...

i remember last year when we were playing at uconn on saturday night..i didnt even bring my phone...i was not going to go to any restaurant that had tv or some way for me to be tipped off...so we eat with the family...go outside on one of those beautiful feb/march scottsdale nights ..walking around the fashion square bridge area...nearly back to the car...and BOOOM...for a split second i look up and see boheim being interviewed on tV from 100 yards away ...some bar restaurant had the game on...

well i knew they wouldnt be interviewing him if we lost!

As a side note, and I did it again tonight with the live broadcast, I hate it when I DVR a game from the "Guide", but forget that most games run beyond the planned two hour slot in the guide, and I forget to DVR the next slot as well. So I miss the last few minutes (like tonight), or the OT (like the Duke game).

Note to TWC: it would be cool and very helpful if someone could invent a way to record the whole game, no matter how long it ran, rather than just the time slot the game is in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom