EA Sports Maui Invitational | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports Maui Invitational

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
We are less than 24 hours away from the 2013 EA SPORTS Maui Invitational bracket announcement! Make sure to visit ESPN.com Wednesday between 10 and 11 a.m. EDT to see the bracket and analysis from Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg.

1045158_10151474044470064_1150831040_n.jpg

As long as SU doesn't play Chaminade in the first round, I am fine with whomever they match us up with. I'd like to beat Minnesota on the court, for recruiting purposes, though.

As long as SU doesn't play Chaminade in the first round, I am fine with whomever they match us up with. I'd like to beat Minnesota on the court, for recruiting purposes, though.
I want Chaminade in the first round! One of my boys from FGCU transferred there this offseason and should be the starting 2G. He is a dead eye shooter and I'd like to see him test the zone with his crazy deep range.

I want Chaminade in the first round! One of my boys from FGCU transferred there this offseason and should be the starting 2G. He is a dead eye shooter and I'd like to see him test the zone with his crazy deep range.

Playing Chaminade does Syracuse zero favors. If we win, no one bats an eyelash. If we lose we are a laughing stock.

Happy for your boy don't get me wrong but conversely, I would like to test our swatting the long ball ability if we get to play him. :)

Are you a Syracuse fan? Playing Chaminade doesn't count a s a win.

My predictions for the bracketing
Syracuse vs. Dayton
Minnesota vs. Arkansas
Baylor vs. Chaminade
Gonzaga vs. California

Baylor will be given Chaminade because even though SU is likely the top ranked team they won't want Chaminade and neither will Gonzaga because they will want power conference teams so Baylor the third ranked team likely gets the host team, but what SU loses is the ability to play both Baylor and Gonzaga.
How I would seed the teams
1. Syracuse likely top 15
2. Gonzaga likely top 20
3. Baylor likely top 25
4. Arkansas
5. Minnesota
6. California
7. Dayton
8. Chaminade

Are you a Syracuse fan? Playing Chaminade doesn't count a s a win.
Of course I'm a Syracuse fan, and I understand that Chaminade does nothing for us, but for the past few years my friend and I have spent many a night talking about how well he would do against the best 2-3 in the nation. He always said he would just shoot over it and I always countered with how much length we have up top. It was never a real scenario until he transferred to the school that just so happened to be hosting a tournament that Syracuse will be playing in. I only want Chaminade for selfish reasons, it's not the end of the world to me if it doesn't happen.

My predictions for the bracketing
Syracuse vs. Dayton
Minnesota vs. Arkansas
Baylor vs. Chaminade
Gonzaga vs. California

Baylor will be given Chaminade because even though SU is likely the top ranked team they won't want Chaminade and neither will Gonzaga because they will want power conference teams so Baylor the third ranked team likely gets the host team, but what SU loses is the ability to play both Baylor and Gonzaga.
How I would seed the teams
1. Syracuse likely top 15
2. Gonzaga likely top 20
3. Baylor likely top 25
4. Arkansas
5. Minnesota
6. California
7. Dayton
8. Chaminade
With your seeding, SU plays Chaminade, not Dayton.

With your seeding, SU plays Chaminade, not Dayton.

They don't go by seeds, per se. They do try to balance the brackets somewhat. I think they are most concerned with having the best 4 teams not meet until the semis, while honoring the desires of the teams. Duke, for example, flat out refuses to play Chaminade, and other teams want to avoid regular season mismatches. Also, they often try to give Chaminade a snowball's chance in hell to win, and last year there was a blizzard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom