East Division - 4 pod B1G - NYC market | Syracusefan.com

East Division - 4 pod B1G - NYC market

chakka3421

All Conference
If you go with a 4 pod divisional setup where you play 3 in your pod and then 2 each in other pods so you play everyone twice in 4 years, who is the 4th team from the east division (certainly not Ohio State)?

If you want to lock up the NYC market, who do you take for both football & basketball?

If you want the best & highest rank basketball program in the northeast, who do you want?

If you want a resurgent football program (15th winningest), heisman trophy & NC school, who do you pick?

Tell me why SU has been scheduling all these B1G teams for its OCC?

Tell me who better recruits the NY market over the last 4 years - that brings eyeballs and interest of NY high school football?

I want to first say I like the ACC very much, but looking to answer some of these questions makes me question and wonder what the overall strategy and end game for the B1G for its Eastern reach into NYC/LI. Rutgers alone won't do it.

Remember Syracuse has been in play for ACC in 2003 and the first chosen for this latest round to go to the ACC.

We don't fit in the B1G. We never have. We never will. The ACC is where we belong.

Actually, The Big East is where we belong, but a BE made up of the Eastern indies, and maybe Miami. I could just bitch-slap the BB schools for blackballing PSU all those years ago.

Pods are even worse than divisions to me...now you have a good chance some 4-4 team will get a chance to move on while a 6-2/7-1 does not.

If you go with a 4 pod divisional setup where you play 3 in your pod and then 2 each in other pods so you play everyone twice in 4 years, who is the 4th team from the east division (certainly not Ohio State)?

If you want to lock up the NYC market, who do you take for both football & basketball?

If you want the best & highest rank basketball program in the northeast, who do you want?

If you want a resurgent football program (15th winningest), heisman trophy & NC school, who do you pick?

Tell me why SU has been scheduling all these B1G teams for its OCC?

Tell me who better recruits the NY market over the last 4 years - that brings eyeballs and interest of NY high school football?

I want to first say I like the ACC very much, but looking to answer some of these questions makes me question and wonder what the overall strategy and end game for the B1G for its Eastern reach into NYC/LI. Rutgers alone won't do it.

Remember Syracuse has been in play for ACC in 2003 and the first chosen for this latest round to go to the ACC.
I'm pretty sure the B1G got what it wanted for the time being. They have more mouths to feed now and anyone else they bring on board needs to give value back in return, not redundancy.

You can't have pods if you want a conference championship game. Two divisions only.

I think a NE pod of SU/Pitt/RU/PSU would be pretty awesome

pods suck and I pray they dont go this route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom