east regionals at msg | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

east regionals at msg

If we're the first ACC team off the board next year, we'll probably be the #1 seed in the east. If we're not first, but still inside the top 4 of the ACC, then we can't be placed in the east unless we're a 5 seef or worse.

Next season is an unusual one for the East region--MSG will host for the first time in ~60 years. And, whether we agree or not, the talking head spin has the Garden as a home court for us. So, if we are #5 or lower, there is no way we are placed in the East. Which means, if we are not the top ACC school, we go to another region.

And remember--this past season, the top ACC team--Miami-did not get a #1. Unlikely it would happen again, but it could--UK, KU, MSU and Arizona could get the top seeds.

Next season is an unusual one for the East region--MSG will host for the first time in ~60 years. And, whether we agree or not, the talking head spin has the Garden as a home court for us. So, if we are #5 or lower, there is no way we are placed in the East. Which means, if we are not the top ACC school, we go to another region.

I don't think what the taking heads say has much to do with how the tournament is selected/seeded/bracketed. I could see us being placed there as a 5 (or worse), but obviously the best bet is to be first in the ACC, and I would be disappointed if we were a 5 seed.

And remember--this past season, the top ACC team--Miami-did not get a #1. Unlikely it would happen again, but it could--UK, KU, MSU and Arizona could get the top seeds.

True, that is definitely possible. I think it's much less likely this year because the ACC is going to be so much stronger than it was last year, with the addition of 3 more good teams. But certainly possible.

If we want MSG we will need to be above Duke on the S-Curve and be the number 1 team from the ACC. The others leagues won't matter Duke/Syracuse will both WANT MSG and be in the East region that is why it is important we beat Duke and win the ACC next year. I think Buffalo is close to a lock if we are a top 4 seed next yr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom