VERY QUICK
VERY STRONG
100% EVERY PLAY
PLAYS ANGRY
EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE
ACROSS LOS BEFORE QB CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THE BALL
GREAT TACKLING SKILLS
PLAYS POSITION EXTREMELY WELL

IMPORTANT: FRAN NEEDS TO GET THIS RECRUIT TO SU!

I have seen this on a few different guys with their max bench. This kid should be able to bench way more 255 with him doing 185 23x. I had a kid named Connor Martin who could have been a d-1 fullback bench 365 and he did 185 24x. Now i know each kid is different but thats strange to me. Tell me im wrong.

yup..."each kid is different..."

they mature at/in different stages...
he may have been 16 at the time...
he could have a 38 inch sleeve...
what kind of weight training has the player had/been exposed to...

I'd be more interested in an All-state or all-county designation...
at what class/level his school competes..things like that.

But I am NOT saying you're wrong...:)

I have seen this on a few different guys with their max bench. This kid should be able to bench way more 255 with him doing 185 23x. I had a kid named Connor Martin who could have been a d-1 fullback bench 365 and he did 185 24x. Now i know each kid is different but thats strange to me. Tell me im wrong.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was a baseball/basketball kid in HS, and was a recruited athlete for baseball. Prevailing sentiment was to not get bulky back then, so I seldom lifted heavy, though I lifted weights regularly beginning sophomore year of high school. I cannot say at what point exactly (probably older than Herbert, but no later than during freshman year of college when I was 18), I could put up 205 lbs 50 times. It wasnt until after I quit baseball (after sophomore season) when I could actually get my max up to 315 and it took me quite a while to get used to handling heavier weight, as I just was always accustomed to higher reps with lower weights. Frankly, it was a vanity thing to say I could handle three plates.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was a baseball/basketball kid in HS, and was a recruited athlete for baseball. Prevailing sentiment was to not get bulky back then, so I seldom lifted heavy, though I lifted weights regularly beginning sophomore year of high school. I cannot say at what point exactly (probably older than Herbert, but no later than during freshman year of college when I was 18), I could put up 205 lbs 50 times. It wasnt until after I quit baseball (after sophomore season) when I could actually get my max up to 315 and it took me quite a while to get used to handling heavier weight, as I just was always accustomed to higher reps with lower weights. Frankly, it was a vanity thing to say I could handle three plates.
205 50x is alot. damn. Also in my head u should have been able to do 315 once but u could be a nmbers guy and not a max guy. There are various reasons like technique or arm length and ehatnot that may change all this.

205 50x is alot. damn. Also in my head u should have been able to do 315 once but u could be a nmbers guy and not a max guy. There are various reasons like technique or arm length and ehatnot that may change all this.

I dont know? I'm not tall (6;0"), but have longer arms. I also worked a job that required lots of bucket and box lifting and moving (so I had really good grip strength and stablizing muscles then- now I'm just a fat guy that works in an office). There was a summer when my girlfriend and I were apart and I lived in area with night life, so I basically spent every night hammering out sets of push ups and pull ups, on top of my job which was physical, and my daily lifting, so as to not get myself "in trouble." I'd watch TV and a commerical would come on and I'd hit a set. Or i'd play video games and every ten minutes or so I'd hit a set. The cumulative effect is substantial.

I remember being jealous of the kids I went to the gym with getting up the three plates, then they would watch me rip through sets with like 185 or 205 and would tell me I should be able to max a lot more then i did. (I could also do sets comfortably with 225 [like 5x 10 or 12]). I could close grip quite a bit too for sets. I just never felt right with heavy heavy weight in my hands. I played baseball in college with a guy who was a Kansas state powerlifting champ as a high schooler. He was jacked and ripped. I couldnt touch him when he'd work through his pyramid. But for lighter weight and reps, I kept up.

I'm not a gym guy now, and have no exercise training experience, but I think some of these kids would be better off spending an hour a night wrestling really hard or working on a farm all summer. The strongest people I've met are wrestlers and farmers (and the guys who worked on the feed trucks at the horse track).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom