Elite 8 teams: SEC 3, ACC 1 | Syracusefan.com

Elite 8 teams: SEC 3, ACC 1

Eric15

Living Legend
Who ever would have guessed that in a million years going into this tourney.

I think how teams perform in the NCAA tourney says almost nothing about a conference...in any one given year. over the course of many seasons, maybe it means more.

I think how teams perform in the NCAA tourney says almost nothing about a conference...in any one given year. over the course of many seasons, maybe it means more.
I think it does.

Syracuse absolutely blew this year, yet won 10 ACC games including what? 6 v the top teams...and everyone we beat...lost quickly.

if youre good, you win early.

once it gets late, its all about the bounces...

The SEC is like the ACC football. It's top are NC contenders

Kentucky/Florida BB. = Florida State/Clemson FB

It's trying to create a sustainable middle class like the ACC FB has done with Louisville/NorthCarolina/ Virginia Tech.

This is a one year fluke. South Carolina got lucky they got 2 home games and beat a choke Baylor team.

Kansas State got to an elite 8 in 2010 lets see Martin do this again at So. Carolina.

The SEC has a lot of trash in its conference.

I generally agree, there's a ton of randomness involved. I'm just saying if there was some Vegas prop bet where you bet that the SEC would have 3x the teams in the Elite 8 as the ACC, it would have paid a fortune.

Do we really need another thread about this?

Honestly, some of the self-loathing is over the top.

Its not loathing. At least I'm not. I find it hilarious after the ungodly amount of hype the conference recurved up until now.

I couldn't care less how the conference does. I didn't care in 2011 and I don't now. Don't get me wrong last year was nice, but it had a lot more to do with us killing it.

Its not loathing. At least I'm not. I find it hilarious after the ungodly amount of hype the conference recurved up until now.

I couldn't care less how the conference does. I didn't care in 2011 and I don't now. Don't get me wrong last year was nice, but it had a lot more to do with us killing it.

Hilarious?

Okay...

Agree with your last sentence. At this stage, it all comes down to matchups and luck. One team getting hot at the right time [a la Michigan] can make noise despite being mediocre and coming from a mediocre conference. Conversely, top teams like Villanova that was ranked #1 for a significant portion of the season can flame out in round 2. None of which has anything to do with how good the conference was that they played in.

Tournament success or failure doesn't have anything to do with the transitive property.

Do we really need another thread about this?

Honestly, some of the self-loathing is over the top.

I wasn't self-loathing. The ACC is a vastly superior basketball conference. I just found it to be surprising how this played out this particular year.

Admins: I missed Shark's thread below. Please consolidate with his.

Hilarious?

Okay...

Agree with your last sentence. At this stage, it all comes down to matchups and luck. One team getting hot at the right time [a la Michigan] can make noise despite being mediocre and coming from a mediocre conference. Conversely, top teams like Villanova that was ranked #1 for a significant portion of the season can flame out in round 2. None of which has anything to do with how good the conference was that they played in.

Tournament success or failure doesn't have anything to do with the transitive property.

Yeah I think it's funny. We're out, I have no interest in the other ACC teams.

I'll cheer for underdogs or teams that haven't gotten a final four in a long time/ never. But I'm not big on conference loyalty in March.

I wasn't self-loathing. The ACC is a vastly superior basketball conference. I just found it to be surprising how this played out this particular year.

Admins: I missed Shark's thread below. Please consolidate with his.
Sindarius Thornwell, the man.

Making two final fours in a couple years doesn't make Syracuse an elite team any more than three teams in the final eight make the SEC elite. Multi-year season-long assessments are better than random tournaments.

Guys like Cal want to stand and beat their chest about the SEC...I hate that but I get why they do it. I personally don't get caught up in this crap...I don't get excited when our conference brothers do well in the tournament...I only care how we do...in fact I openly root against certain teams of whom I'm sure you guys can easily name.

I love trying to determine which conference is the best based on postseason results in single elimination games. It's great. Some of these games come down to literally one made basket throughout 40 minutes. Who freaking cares.

Guess we're letting the Ess Eee See enjoy a little taste of being a real BB league, now that the ACC has taken over as the top dog in football. ;)

We want them to feel like they're doing well. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom