Elite | Syracusefan.com

Elite

We’re very similar to UNC KU and UK. They just have more titles.

We should have at least 1 somewhere from 85-90 or 10-14. But both runs of being elite were cut short unexpectedly.

Louisville and UVA stole our seat at the ACC big boys table I really hope next years team gets it back.

If you choose that myopic a perspective, sure.
But it also means we're one of only 5 programs that have won 2000+ games, and last I checked, that's what this thread is about, no?

I'm not going to crap on our team with a response, but would you consider Syracuse one of the "elite of the elite". Come on.

We’re very similar to UNC KU and UK. They just have more titles.

We should have at least 1 somewhere from 85-90 or 10-14. But both runs of being elite were cut short unexpectedly.

Louisville and UVA stole our seat at the ACC big boys table I really hope next years team gets it back.

UNC and UK have like 20 final fours though.

I'm not going to crap on our team with a response, but would you consider Syracuse one of the "elite of the elite". Come on.
No. But i also won’t take a post that discusses number of wins as the criteria, as an opportunity to take unnecessary shots at the program.
Based on the tweet those five schools are elite when it comes to, wait for it...NUMBER of wins. That’s the subject at hand here, not whether we, as a total program, are the elite of the elite. Context matters.

UNC and UK have like 20 final fours though.

More talking about fan support and having good teams since forever. None of the other BE teams had a ton more final fours or ships when we were still in it so we were always the big boys of the conference.

Shame we haven’t had anything close to the first ACC season since. Hopefully next year.

More talking about fan support and having good teams since forever. None of the other BE teams had a ton more final fours or ships when we were still in it so we were always the big boys of the conference.

Shame we haven’t had anything close to the first ACC season since. Hopefully next year.
Re: the Big East behemoths. We have more Final Fours than Gtown, one more than UConn, and the same total number (6) as Nova. (Damn Keith Smart and the gods for AO’s leg injury. We should have 3 titles.)

No. But i also won’t take a post that discusses number of wins as the criteria, as an opportunity to take unnecessary shots at the program.
Based on the tweet those five schools are elite when it comes to, wait for it...NUMBER of wins. That’s the subject at hand here, not whether we, as a total program, are the elite of the elite. Context matters.
I imagine that, on a whole, our number of FF appearances puts us up there. Top 14, actually.

How many championship wins (among others) should be thrown out for North Carolina and Duke, due to favoritism with referees? Not counting how they got their players. Of course, on the other hand, maybe we were one of the favored ones, in the Big East.

“ Our team?” That would infer that you are a member of the group here that support and love “ Our” program. Not sure that you fit the criteria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom