Embiid injures foot; possibly broken | Syracusefan.com

Embiid injures foot; possibly broken

That certainly changes things. Will be interesting to see where he falls since Philly isn't going to take him at 3? Does someone risk it and move up to get him?

Tough break for the kid (no pun). I still think he goes top 3.

Embiid isn't getting past Philly at 3 even if they trade him. The top 3 have a huge gap between the top 3 and Vonleh, Exum, Gordon

I'd still take him top 3. He's a rare player and a broken foot is not a sign of possibly serious issues down the road like ligament, tendon injuries. Also, it's a relatively quick and simple rehab process for broken hands or feet.

Sucks for the Sixers as I would think Wiggins and Parker are near locks at 1,2 now. No way a new GM in Cleveland coming off of the Bennett pick can take a chance now on Embiid. Hard to see anyone else go ahead of Embiid unless someone has a love affair with Exum. I said this before but I can see the Sixers taking Embiid and plan on playing him along with Noel. Or I can see the Sixers trading the pick if someone wants Embiid enough and has enough to give up. ( Is Gasol and the #7 pick crazy talk?). The Lakers love to have the big guy in the middle. After the top 3 I think the next 7 picks or so are a matter of preference. Myself I'd prefer Gordon. Though Exum at 3 and Harris or Stauskas at 10 would give the Sixers a serious backcourt trio for the next 10 years.

Sucks for the Sixers as I would think Wiggins and Parker are near locks at 1,2 now. No way a new GM in Cleveland coming off of the Bennett pick can take a chance now on Embiid. Hard to see anyone else go ahead of Embiid unless someone has a love affair with Exum. I said this before but I can see the Sixers taking Embiid and plan on playing him along with Noel. Or I can see the Sixers trading the pick if someone wants Embiid enough and has enough to give up. ( Is Gasol and the #7 pick crazy talk?). The Lakers love to have the big guy in the middle. After the top 3 I think the next 7 picks or so are a matter of preference. Myself I'd prefer Gordon. Though Exum at 3 and Harris or Stauskas at 10 would give the Sixers a serious backcourt trio for the next 10 years.

I only see the sixers taking a forward. Obviously, Parker or Wiggins are the choices if they can get them, but Randle isn't a bad pick either. If they don't want to risk going with Randle, trading the pick for some serious compensation is the only other move I think they have. Grabbing Embiid and playing two young Centers seems like overkill and might stunt the growth of both of them.

I only see the sixers taking a forward. Obviously, Parker or Wiggins are the choices if they can get them, but Randle isn't a bad pick either. If they don't want to risk going with Randle, trading the pick for some serious compensation is the only other move I think they have. Grabbing Embiid and playing two young Centers seems like overkill and might stunt the growth of both of them.
I don't disagree at all. But in the back of my head I keep remembering people talking about Noel playing the 4 some. If that's true I could envision them together for periods at a time. Neither may be well suited for max minutes early in their career due to health issues. If they do go forward, I like Gordon. I think he is closer to Parker in skill than some others may think.

I'd still take him top 3. He's a rare player and a broken foot is not a sign of possibly serious issues down the road like ligament, tendon injuries. Also, it's a relatively quick and simple rehab process for broken hands or feet.

A bball player without healthy feet would scare the crap out of me. Guys that big playing that many games a season in a sport like basketball? Once feet problems start, they can keep happening.

A bball player without healthy feet would scare the crap out of me. Guys that big playing that many games a season in a sport like basketball? Once feet problems start, they can keep happening.

Broken bones are typically not recurring injuries. Sprains and tears, however, are a different story.

Broken bones are typically not recurring injuries. Sprains and tears, however, are a different story.

I'm pretty sure Big Z and Yao both broke bones in their feet more than once, didn't they?

It does, but the back is more troubling, backs are tricky.

Does the name "Sam Bowie" ring a bell?

Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, Bill Walton even. Eventually all big man foot/leg problems run through Portland. (see Brandon Roy).

longtimefan said:

Not when it comes to back and ankles. Bowie had major major MAJOR knee issues coming out of college. Wrong comparison.

longtimefan said:
Nope. Broken tibias. You can look it up.

Tibia is the shin, Embiid's is his foot. Big difference from somebody who's shin isn't strong enough for weight let alone an athlete jumping constantly and Embiid's broken foot which isn't career threatening at all.

Tibia is the shin, Embiid's is his foot. Big difference from somebody who's shin isn't strong enough for weight let alone an athlete jumping constantly and Embiid's broken foot which isn't career threatening at all.
And since when is a shin a knee?

Lol, the tibia is the larger bone that runs from your knee to the ankle. So, you guys are both intermediate and both partially right!

Lol, the tibia is the larger bone that runs from your knee to the ankle. So, you guys are both intermediate and both partially right!
Well, shin and foot are both bone injuries. A knee injury concerns connective tissue (unless it's a fractured patella).