"Embiid out first 2 games of tournament" | Syracusefan.com

"Embiid out first 2 games of tournament"

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
We have to get through Dayton first. Dayton will be tough...

BUT

The thought of beating Self and his freshman studded lineup featuring two coulda been Orangeman in Wiggins and Seldon... oh my.

How sweet would a victory over that team be.

I'd be licking Jayhawk Tears for months.

We have to get through Dayton first. Dayton will be tough...

BUT

The thought of beating Self and his freshman studded lineup featuring two coulda been Orangeman in Wiggins and Seldon... oh my.

How sweet would a victory over that team be.

I'd be licking Jayhawk Tears for months.

I don't think he plays. What if he does and looks bad he loses his lottery pick. I don't think he plays.

I still believe that Embiid is done. If Self brings the kid back with a fractured vertebrae he's an A-1 douchenozzle.

And during one of the games today they had a graphic that was like breaking news or something which said Embiid would miss the first two games of the tournament.

:eek: What!? Really? Holy crap! Wish I had known that like two weeks ago! Oh wait, we did. :crazy:

I still believe that Embiid is done. If Self brings the kid back with a fractured vertebrae he's an A-1 douchenozzle.

And during one of the games today they had a graphic that was like breaking news or something which said Embiid would miss the first two games of the tournament.

:eek: What!? Really? Holy crap! Wish I had known that like two weeks ago! Oh wait, we did. :crazy:

This is what I think. No way it can be healed and you are dealing with the kids career. I can't believe the talking heads aren't all over how this can't be accurate. He will still have a stress fracture in his back next week how can he be allowed to run up and down the court and jump and land over and over again on a back with an unhealed stress facture?

Either way this works in our favor. Kid could be on the court not playing at 100%. Kid could be off the court never to appear in another college game again.

Either way this works in our favor. Kid could be on the court not playing at 100%. Kid could be off the court never to appear in another college game again.
Embiid at 80% is better than Roc at 100%.
If he's there, we are in trouble.

Zeller couldn't carry Embiid's jock if he still wore one.

Embiid is an incredible talent. But you gotta think he'd be playing weak and timidly under the basket if we played with his injury.

Weak and timid vs Fair/Xmas/Keita/Grant?

Awful.

Also, I have full confidence our guards would handle Kansas'. Wiggins and Fair can try and outscore each other. Our team is just all around better.

Embiid has a stress fracture in his back and knee problems in his 3rd year of playing basketball, he ain't playing. He does not walk on water either .
I agree he probably won't play. But IF he isn't as bad as reported, it will be tough if we play them.

Embiid will have to practice for a week before he plays in a game. My guess is he doesn't play until the Final Four...if KU makes it that far.

How long was Emeka Okafor out for with the same injury?

Embiid is a force when he's healthy. But he's not healthy. I don't wish him any ill will, but I don't care about Kansas.

Knowing our luck with centers someone will give Embid a miracle cure the day before, and will put up 20 and 10.

When we beat Dayton we won't see Kansas, they are upset by N. Mex if NM gets past Stanford.

You can make a legitimate case that not having Embiid would hurt more against New Mexico than it would against us. UNM has two legit big guys, while we don't have a low post offensive threat,

jgeorge322 said:
This isnt 100% accurate but i suppose he was "never" going anywhere but kansas since that is where he is

orangefizz.net/2013/05/why-didnt-syracuse-ever-offer-5-star-kansas-commit-andrew-wiggins/