Empire State Building to be lit red | Syracusefan.com

Empire State Building to be lit red

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
The Empire State Building will be lit red Thursday night in support of Rutgers’ huge game against Louisville in Piscataway, N.J.

This marks the second time the Empire State Building has been lit red for Rutgers football. The first time? It just so happened to be Rutgers’ 28-25 victory over Louisville in 2006.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/39818/empire-state-building-to-be-lit-red

Can't wait for another round of NY's college team arguments!

The Empire State Building will be lit red Thursday night in support of the bloody massacre that has become the Big East conference

This marks the second time the Empire State Building has been lit red as a symbol of the slaughter house aesthetic of the Big East. The first time? It just so happened to be when John Marinatto officially accepted the position of commissioner.
Fixed.

Turns out, the guy who flips the switch on the lights each night is a Rutgers grad.
Or a Republican who still can't get over the results of the Presidential election.

It certainly isn't rutgirls.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I am so tired of the "who owns NYC" arguments. Now that SU and RU have found new homes, does it even really matter who owns the city anymore? Seems like an irrelevant argument.

I am so tired of the "who owns NYC" arguments. Now that SU and RU have found new homes, does it even really matter who owns the city anymore? Seems like an irrelevant argument.
No...some obsessions die hard. It'll be brought up again.
banghead.gif

I think it's pretty clear who owns the city. Is MSG red or orange during the BE Tourney? 'Nuff said. As far as I know, we're the only team that outdrew SJU on their "home" court at MSG. I don't think RU ever played SJU at MSG. They play that game on campus, I think.

I agree. So tried of this argument. Christ almighty this horse has been beaten more than Kim Kardashians coochy.

I agree. So tried of this argument. Christ almighty this horse has been beaten more than Kim Kardashians coochy.
Anyone who claims Rutgers is "NYC's team" is by his own admission an addle-brained moron. Send child services to his house to rescue his children.

Every dog has their day - this will be the last time they ever play for a conference championship so let them enjoy it until the game is over.

The Empire State Building will be lit red Thursday night in support of Rutgers’ huge game against Louisville in Piscataway, N.J.

This marks the second time the Empire State Building has been lit red for Rutgers football. The first time? It just so happened to be Rutgers’ 28-25 victory over Louisville in 2006.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/39818/empire-state-building-to-be-lit-red

Don't be crazy...this link explains everything...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=97Q9tNfBpr4&desktop_uri=/watch?v=97Q9tNfBpr4

SUOrange44

I. Hate. Rutgers.

Have fun cleaning out the pee troughs at the Big House.

Pernetti just gave up all of the new B1G $$$ to light up the ESB. Good for you.

Since when can a school in NEW JERSEY claim another state's city as their own?

SYRACUSE is New York's Team! UPSTATE, DOWNSTATE, LONG ISLAND, & NYC !!! IT'S ALL the 'CUSE !!!

NOT Rutgers, NOT UCONN, NOT ANYONE ELSE !!!!

ROTGUTS can have Newark & Atlantic City...