End of an Era, can only think this will be the last visit to PC | Syracusefan.com

End of an Era, can only think this will be the last visit to PC

Abdul-Shamsid Dean. Wow, name from the past.

Unless they play NCAA tourney games at the Dunk I can't imagine we ever play there again.

I think last time they beat us we were on the road without AO and Paul had just had to be retreived from haome after one of his MIA's. Flynn and Devo had big games but we let them score more than we did.

I think last time they beat us we were on the road without AO and Paul had just had to be retreived from haome after one of his MIA's. Flynn and Devo had big games but we let them score more than we did.

think they scored over 100 on us. hard to believe not that long ago we were a bubble team for a few years in a row and giving up over 100 points to providence and losing by 40 to depaul.

think they scored over 100 on us. hard to believe not that long ago we were a bubble team for a few years in a row and giving up over 100 points to providence and losing by 40 to depaul.
We were a 3 seed when we lost 100-94 at PC.

AO was useless due to knee issues, and Andy was home with an ankle injury.

Kris Jo actually started that game.

That we were in that game till the end was pretty impressive considering the group we put out there.

I was at that game, and it is probably the lowest I have hung my head on the way out of a game

Ray Hall is the guy on PC who ran sideways, like a crab. He was the most unathletic player in the history of the Big East.

26.JPG

Ah, the memories!

I will miss playing the Friars. They were almost always undersized and under talented but scrappy and they have good fans. I wish them the best of luck in the Big Catholic.

I was at that game, and it is probably the lowest I have hung my head on the way out of a game
Was there as well. Didn't feel too bad about the loss, actually expected it going in due to the injuries on our team.

Believe me, though, that did not make it any easier listening to the PC fans around me revel in what, on the surface, looked like a big win.

I was there. They made about 9000 3s

Was there as well. Didn't feel too bad about the loss, actually expected it going in due to the injuries on our team.

Believe me, though, that did not make it any easier listening to the PC fans around me revel in what, on the surface, looked like a big win.

That was the problem. My dislike of PC has been around since my aunt spent my first 18 years trying to get me to go there. I vocalized it pretty early and left with a healthy portion of crow for dinner.

Will miss Providence College and the Big East. Been a SU since 1974 so was there at the BE startup. PC, as was mentioned earlier by sutomcat has always had great "Timex" fans.. (took a lickin' but kept on tickin')..

Will miss Providence College and the Big East. Been a SU since 1974 so was there at the BE startup. PC, as was mentioned earlier by sutomcat has always had great "Timex" fans.. (took a lickin' but kept on tickin')..
Living in RI, I will miss this series a lot.

I have a lot of respect for the PC fan base. Their program is a lot like our football program, but they haven't had the uptick that the football team has had lately. With the level of play that PC has shown over the last maybe decade or so, they should playing to a half empty stadium every night, but the fans still keep coming. And tonight will be a near sellout (helped of course by the traveling SU fan base), and the fans will be in it from the tip.

Ray Hall is the guy on PC who ran sideways, like a crab. He was the most unathletic player in the history of the Big East.

26.JPG

Ah, the memories!

I will miss playing the Friars. They were almost always undersized and under talented but scrappy and they have good fans. I wish them the best of luck in the Big Catholic.

You think Ray Hall was less athletic than Dave Siock?

Interesting you would ask about Shamgod. God has returned to school to get his degree and you will see him on the bench tonight as he is a undergraduate assistant.

Despite the ass kickings, PC fans will miss Cuse greatly. The BE was great but times change, we are beyond fortunate that we will land ok, but Cuse will be sorely missed in Providence.[/quote]

I'm voting for Ray Hall as least athletic. I think it was 09-10 and he was isolated on Kris or someone, who dribbled around him like he was a folding chair.