End of Half Final Possessions | Syracusefan.com

End of Half Final Possessions

Not shooting was the problem against L'ville. Bayer needed to let it fly.

Maybe we should realize college kids can't hold the ball for 20+ seconds without turning it over.

Question: why was Louisville allowed to just casually dribble up and get a decent look at the end of the first half? If we applied a little bit of pressure and caused the Louisville player to catch the ball with his momentum going in the other direction, it would have been impossible to get a good look.

I thought the idea to give bayer a wide open look there was great. Wasn't the best pass or think decision by bayer either to not immediately shoot it. but thought it made a lot of sense since nobody was expecting bayer and he was open...

Question: why was Louisville allowed to just casually dribble up and get a decent look at the end of the first half? If we applied a little bit of pressure and caused the Louisville player to catch the ball with his momentum going in the other direction, it would have been impossible to get a good look.

I'll assume it's because JB didn't want us picking up a bad foul at the end, but yeah, that was pathetic.

I'll assume it's because JB didn't want us picking up a bad foul at the end, but yeah, that was pathetic.

Agreed. You force them to catch going away from the hoop. If they hit an (even more) ridiculous shot, so be it. But to allow them to have a running start towards the hoop was just pathetic, and then get off a clean look - I don't care if it's from 35 feet, is inexcusable.

I thought the idea to give bayer a wide open look there was great. Wasn't the best pass or think decision by bayer either to not immediately shoot it. but thought it made a lot of sense since nobody was expecting bayer and he was open...

I thought it was a great idea too. unfortunately he bobbled the pass.

Would have been fun to see him let it fly, but let's not kid ourselves. This was not anyone's idea. Battle went 1-on-1 and did not like what he had, so he bailed and tossed it back to Bayer. That was improv, not construed.

Would have been fun to see him let it fly, but let's not kid ourselves. This was not anyone's idea. Battle went 1-on-1 and did not like what he had, so he bailed and tossed it back to Bayer. That was improv, not construed.
That's what happened last night. What about the other 8-10 games where we turned it over leading to a bucket to close out?

Note: Not really blaming him since nobody can get open for whatever reason, but, how many times has Frank thrown away an inbounds pass or received a 5 sec call. Becoming a huge problem. Either the players aren’t executing or Boeheim has to draw up better stuff. Unacceptable at this level and this stage of the season!

at what point does JB just tell the team to dribble out the clock, without attempting a shot?
I do not watch tons of other teams play but it seems this has happened way too many times to Syracuse over the past few years. It almost always plays out the same way: We have the ball with no shot clock, all we have to do is run it out but we mess it up by a turnover, charging foul or early shot and miss then the other team scores at the buzzer. I dread to see us in these situations as they continue to pop up.

Note: Not really blaming him since nobody can get open for whatever reason, but, how many times has Frank thrown away an inbounds pass or received a 5 sec call. Becoming a huge problem. Either the players aren’t executing or Boeheim has to draw up better stuff. Unacceptable at this level and this stage of the season!

I don't understand having your PG take the ball out. Let Marek do it!

LOL. Just get away from the defense and do the Lawrence Moten hold the ball in triple threat position and stare from the ‘95 BET until the half runs out.
I would legitimately advocate for this depending on the situation.

Up 9 at Louisville? Run it out.

Down 10 at home against Wake? Go for a basket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom