Ennis & Briscoe on ESPNU now | Syracusefan.com

Ennis & Briscoe on ESPNU now

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
At halftime Ennis' St. Benedict's team leads Montverde with Dakari Johnson 29-20. Ennis has 11 points. He is a pure PG who uns the team and looks to pass first. He can also make free throws!! Briscoe is strong kinda bull-like going to the hole.

That won by about nine. Ennis looks good, scored about 13.

I wish he had more opportunities to run the team more, but they go with three guards, all pretty good.
Ennis looks solid. In control. But, even though he shows really good M2M skills, at times, he gets a bit loose and lax. His jumper looks pretty decent — commentators made note that it was vastly improved over last year. His runner is nice. He looks 'slow-ish' at times, but it's probably an effective decoy, as he does have really good quickness and ball skills. Kind of reminds me of an Autry/Sims hybrid, but with a better jumper... maybe. If he's the starter next year, I'm not going to be worried.

Briscoe is interesting. He's a sophomore, right? Room to grow/develop.

I sometimes have trouble projecting high school players. Some seem obvious. I really loved Kilpatrick in high school and wished we had been in hotter pursuit of him. I don't see those skills in Briscoe, but he's got two years to go, and after Ennis leaves, his development will jump. Are we 'certain-ish' we're going to get him?

Oh, and Ennis' team had a young 6'10" guy. With promise. I trust we're monitoring him, as well.

YEs we are seriously going after Briscoe and have been for a while.

Ennis tied for a team high 16 points. Briscoe had a tough game and Ish Wainright, one time Cuse prospect had a decent game for Montrose. Physically imposing player, and actually brings up the ball, distributes, in the "point forward" mold.

Although he took a bit too many shots from deep, Ennis scored early when they needed him, and broke away early from Montrose.

Official box score here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom