Ennis Emerging | Syracusefan.com

Ennis Emerging

He emerged because he had a solid game at MSG.

We already knew.

The more times he does it on a big stage, the more times this will get repeated.

He's off to a great start, but remember, last year MCW was also the best PG in America at this point in the season. I know we made the Final Four, but MCW was not the same player, and we were not the same team offensively, as we were before Southerland's suspension. We never quite got our offensive mojo back after that. It was always hit and miss.

So is my Turtle head. Glad to see people are starting to lose the Parker/Randle/Wiggins tunnel vision

Up to #5 on Goodman's ESPN power freshmen list. NBA execs comparing Ennis to Andre Miller. Pretty spot on.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post?id=2679

I don't really like the comparison. I think Ennis is a lot more agile than Andre Miller. Miller was bigger and had the low post moves. Tyler is smaller, with a much better, albeit inconsistent, jumpshot.

He's off to a great start, but remember, last year MCW was also the best PG in America at this point in the season. I know we made the Final Four, but MCW was not the same player, and we were not the same team offensively, as we were before Southerland's suspension. We never quite got our offensive mojo back after that. It was always hit and miss.

Do you mean until March, when the team played some real good offense in the BET (until the second half of the finals) and into the FF?

Defense was a significant part of the run, of course, but MCW picked it up on offense -- he was after all MVP of the regionals.