Ennis ESPN Article | Syracusefan.com

Ennis ESPN Article

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Orangeyes posted this article in the Wednesday Articles thread, but I've got a bit of a bone to pick with it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/82827/ennis-value-as-a-freshman-is-unmatched

This blurb here seems to make no sense:

Ennis is a freshman, but he plays with the poise of a four-year starter. It was 16 games before he committed more than two turnovers, and for the season he only turns it over roughly once every seven possessions.

He only averages 1.4 turnovers per game, so how can he average a turnover every 7 possessions? That would be a horrible turnover rate. Syracuse averages 64 possessions a game.

Extrapolate that over 40 minutes and a turnover every 7 possessions would equal over 9 turnovers a game. It's much closer to Ennis averaging a turnover every seventy possessions, not seven.

Turns it over roughly once every seven possessions.

Looks like more piss poor editing. I think they meant to say one TO for every Ast.

I sort of remember the days where I gave a damn what an espn writer thought about anything--I guess they can still offer inadvertent entertainment. These days, for me at least, the only thing espn is good for is actual game broadcasts. Of course most of the folks calling the games aren't worth much either.

Turns it over roughly once every seven possessions.

Looks like more piss poor editing. I think they meant to say one TO for every Ast.
That's correct. Glennon likes this color of words btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom