ennis is slowly turning into beast mode | Syracusefan.com

ennis is slowly turning into beast mode

he aint backing stuff out as much anymore, hes flying down the court looking to get to the hole and score or dish. first started noticing it in the 1st half of the virginia game, yesterday it was in full swing. release the beast tyler!
No doubt he has become far more aggressive in the last 2 or 3 weeks, especially in possible fast break situations. JB has asked him to look to score more and to look to push the ball in transition and he is responding...

The couple of Ennis/Cooney steals into fast breaks looked really nice yesterday. Nice to see the return of the fast break!

he aint backing stuff out as much anymore, hes flying down the court looking to get to the hole and score or dish. first started noticing it in the 1st half of the virginia game, yesterday it was in full swing. release the beast tyler!
Congratulations to Tyler, who led the ACC in assists and steals as a freshman.

I tried to confirm this and was not able to do so but I believe he is the first frosh to lead the conference in assists since Greg Paulus and is only the 5th to achieve this feat in the storied history of the ACC, joining Paulus, Ed Cota, Jeff Jones and Kenny Anderson.

Last edited:
We have the tools for elite transition play.

Ennis, Cooney, Rak, Gbinije and Grant all make it up the court in good speed.

I don't think Cj's ever been a transition guy.

Good stuff. I posted similar yesterday. We're seeing another growth spurt in his game. Taking advantage with space or tempo when the D allows, and not many of those slow down curl outs. Loving what I'm seeing. Aggression and he just looks like he's having more fun out there. I don't know how many smiles he had yesterday, but it was probably his season high.

Maybe he's been reading this board the last couple of weeks? Or maybe more of a matter of getting rebounds as the HOF'er indicated? My only wish now is that he had better options running with him than Cooney or Gbinije on the breaks. Oh well, I guess I'd rather Jerami, CJ and Rak be hitting the boards and making sure we get those. I really wish Richardson was coming in next year but maybe BJ can be that type of player.

I want to see the next time that he and Mike G are on a "2 on 1" break. Since Mike got his layup blocked yesterday I wonder if Tyler will just keep it himself. Gotta have confidence in who you are passing to.

I want to see the next time that he and Mike G are on a "2 on 1" break. Since Mike got his layup blocked yesterday I wonder if Tyler will just keep it himself. Gotta have confidence in who you are passing to.

To be honest, that was simply a great defensive play. Sometimes you tip your cap (...err, shoes?) to the defense. I think people forget, the other team is out there trying to make plays too, it isn't always our fault on offense.

That was just a fantastic block by a hustling big man.

good thread perfect analysis

mike has to get that ball at least on the rim. very poor job by him on that play. i think he wanted the dunk.

Congratulations to Tyler, who led the ACC in assists and steals as a freshman.

I tried to confirm this and was not able to do so but I believe he is the first frosh to lead the conference in assists since Greg Paulus and is only the 5th to achieve this feat in the storied history of the ACC, joining Paulus, Ed Cota, Jeff Jones and Kenny Anderson.
Any time your name can get mentioned with the immortal Ed Cota, you're doing something right.

To be honest, that was simply a great defensive play. Sometimes you tip your cap (...err, shoes?) to the defense. I think people forget, the other team is out there trying to make plays too, it isn't always our fault on offense.

I thought it was a foul by a hustling big man. I also think Mike's technique is poor (this isn't his first 0-fer on a transition dunk/layup); he doesn't protect the ball well.

I can't believe I just thought of a nickname for Ennis, this late in the season...last time a freshman led us like this, it was Melo. Based on his demeanor, the ice in his veins, and the general way he carries himself, Ennis is "Mellow."

mike has to get that ball at least on the rim. very poor job by him on that play. i think he wanted the dunk.

That's why they teach you to use both hands. He goes up for a lefty layup, protecting the ball with his body, and that is most likely an and 1.

Was actually going to post the same thing. Maybe G could have gone up a little stronger, but it's not like he was non-chalant about it. Their 7'3'' guy covered a long distance in a about .5 seconds and made a helluva play.

I'm thinking he looks way more bad ass with the arm sleeve he's rocking now.

Whatever works! As far as I am concerned he could be wearing women's clothing underneath the uniform if it gives him strength!

It kinda sucks, because you can see how he is just about to take it to another level, and just like MCW, that level will benefit an NBA team and not the Cuse. Let's hope he has 9 games left in his college career and not less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom