Enough! Sorry, not sorry... | Syracusefan.com

Enough! Sorry, not sorry...

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
While bingeing on media about the Dance invite and even though I didn’t think we’d squeeze in, it really gets my goat that some fellow SU fans, especially on various message boards like ESPN and 24/7, feel the need to almost apologize for our getting a bid!
What da ukfc is up with that?
We absolutely earned the bid, and instead of walking around w/ our heads down, eyes lowered, and shoulders hunched over, we need to tell the haters to basically kiss our collective Cuse azz!
Sick of it! No effin apologies, dagnabit! :mad:

Last edited:
Totally not sorry. Take a bid anyway you can get it. We’ve been on both sides of the argument before. Only thing is there’s really no argument to be had; you’re either in or out. I’m glad we’re in.

What is there to apologize for?

Of the teams on the bubble left without a ticket to the dance, our flaws weren’t as egregious by comparison.

Let those programs/fan bases apologize for not having done more since November.

I’m amazed at how many people out there have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, when it comes to who makes the tournament.

More information than ever available at your finger tips, but everybody is too busy running their mouths to spend time becoming informed.

What is there to apologize for?

Of the teams on the bubble left without a ticket to the dance, our flaws weren’t as egregious by comparison.

Let those programs/fan bases apologize for not having done more since November.

Agreed. There have been years where components of our resume fit the bill, but how we rated on a key metric [or two] hurt our profile. This was the opposite -- how we rated on the evaluative criteria helped our cause substantially this year, compared to several other teams on the bubble.

It would have been difficult to swallow if we hadn't gotten in, despite our SOS, OOC SOS, RPI, etc. But this shows some relative level of consistency -- for once, it worked in our favor.

I’m amazed at how many people out there have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, when it comes to who makes the tournament.

More information than ever available at your finger tips, but everybody is too busy running their mouths to spend time becoming informed.

So true.

People that say “Syracuse doesn’t deserve to be there!” and cry for St. Mary’s are the best.

So true.

People that say “Syracuse doesn’t deserve to be there!” and cry for St. Mary’s are the best.

I like the “Syracuse should NOT have made it over Notre Dame! Notre Dame beat them without two players!” These people don’t even pretend to put any effort into thinking.

I like the “Syracuse should NOT have made it over Notre Dame! Notre Dame beat them without two players!” These people don’t even pretend to put any effort into thinking.

Seriously. Numbers are way off, not even close enough to make it a head-to-head argument.

Which is kind of weird, because it sounds like the committee favored ND over ‘Ville, and I thought our numbers were close enough to the Cards that it essentially came down to us beating them on their own court.

Seriously. Numbers are way off, not even close enough to make it a head-to-head argument.

Which is kind of weird, because it sounds like the committee favored ND over ‘Ville, and I thought our numbers were close enough to the Cards that it essentially came down to us beating them on their own court.
It's pretty they didn't want Ville and their bad press in the field. I mean the draws Arizona and Michigan State got. Could lord. I saw a clear message.

I was told the same thing by an Irish idiot. My response was "I assume you think Ball St should be in the tournament instead of ND since they beat ND with their two players." I didn't receive a response.

I was at the grocery last night and there was a guy in a Notre Dame shirt. I'm not sure how my 4 year old even knows the logo. She looked at him in line checking out and points at him and says you guys didn't make it. He laughed. It is amazing the things kids take in.

I was told the same thing by an Irish idiot. My response was "I assume you think Ball St should be in the tournament instead of ND since they beat ND with their two players." I didn't receive a response.
Not Irish...but I may be an idiot.
I think Notre Dame should have been in ahead of the Orange.
They won in the Dome, without their two best players and absolutely destroyed SU on the glass in a way no one else did.
We literally handed that game away.

But you know what?
TOO BAD!...Bwhahahahahahaha!

"I'm a die hard Syracuse fan and we didn't deserve to get in."

I can't believe how many times I've read that on the internet in the last 48 hours. You are not a diehard if that thought even crosses your mind.
Yup, some moron wrote that on the ESPN board, and I’ve seen different versions in a few other places.
It’s not so much that we definitely should’ve gotten in, I for one thought ND or LVille would beat us out and was prepared to accept that. But “deserve”? Yes, we deserved it and we have the data to prove it! Our own fans saying otherwise is unconscionable, IMO.

Not Irish...but I may be an idiot.
I think Notre Dame should have been in ahead of the Orange.
They won in the Dome, without their two best players and absolutely destroyed SU on the glass in a way no one else did.
We literally handed that game away.

But you know what?
TOO BAD!...Bwhahahahahahaha!

But the Irish didn’t deserve it. False narrative.

Syracuse (20-13) sos: 18 rpi: 45
ND(19-14) sos: 45 rpi: 70

Head-to-head does not negate those numbers. A long season... body of work can be > than head-to-head. Those figures aren’t marginal.

So, the only thing I have said is that of ALL the bubble teams, the one I feel may have been shafted is MTSU because they did what they were supposed to do and still missed.

That being said, not saying the should have been in for US

But there is no other bubble team I thing had anything more than we did

Last edited:

Especially those in the media getting paid to talk about it! If they really looked at the numbers that the committee is supposedly using, they have little argument that can hold up against Syracuse... they don’t do their homework.

On the other hand, The average college basketball fan follows their team/conference and rarely watches other games, especially from non power conferences. They rely on the media and jump on a bandwagon. In my 45 minute drive to work this morning I heard at least 4 media people say SU didn’t deserve to be in.

Let’s face it, Syracuse fans would be saying the same about someone else if we didn’t make it. Happens all the time. Good news is, this year, we get to celebrate instead.

Go Orange!