EPL week 1 thread. | Syracusefan.com

EPL week 1 thread.

Unfortunately can't sit on my A all day next Saturday watching the games. But I'm interested to see Palace and Hull against some of the big boys on Sunday.

Unfortunately can't sit on my A all day next Saturday watching the games. But I'm interested to see Palace and Hull against some of the big boys on Sunday.

I'll be at work so likewise not watching but 100% following. I finally got a smart phone and the FotMob app is spectacular.

Hull was just up a couple seasons ago, I'm more curious to see Cardiff who ran away with their league last year. I confused them and palace in my predictions in the other thread.

Oh and congrats on the win yesterday. Shame it ruined our perfect preseason but didn't hurt as bad since I cheer for the hoops as well.

I'll keep you guys updated :)

I'll be at work so likewise not watching but 100% following. I finally got a smart phone and the FotMob app is spectacular.

Hull was just up a couple seasons ago, I'm more curious to see Cardiff who ran away with their league last year. I confused them and palace in my predictions in the other thread.

Oh and congrats on the win yesterday. Shame it ruined our perfect preseason but didn't hurt as bad since I cheer for the hoops as well.

I have yet to join the smart phone world also; will take note of that app for when I do.

I haven't seen this Celtic side yet this season. I added NoScript to my Firefox so I don't get viruses and whatnot and it makes letting through sites like firstrow nearly impossible unless you now exactly what you're looking for to allow.
Then, frustrating that FOX Soccer doesn't show the Champions League until the group stages. You'd think that now that that is pretty much all they have to show, they'd pick up some of the qualifying rounds live but nah.

I have yet to join the smart phone world also; will take note of that app for when I do.

I haven't seen this Celtic side yet this season. I added NoScript to my Firefox so I don't get viruses and whatnot and it makes letting through sites like firstrow nearly impossible unless you now exactly what you're looking for to allow.
Then, frustrating that FOX Soccer doesn't show the Champions League until the group stages. You'd think that now that that is pretty much all they have to show, they'd pick up some of the qualifying rounds live but nah.

Had to get a smart phone. My other one broke and the replacement non smartphone options are junk.

I've been having great luck finding replays on youtube. Looks like the Liverpool v Celtic full match match is avail, just seperated into halfs.

Matchday One ahem :eek:

I never picked a club to support I honestly enjoy watching every game.

My prediction: 1. Chelsea 2. Manchester City 3. Arsenal 4. Manchester United 5. Spurs (again)

I hope Altidore settles in at Sunderland. If anybody is looking for a fun team I suggest Swansea or Southampton. Good passing, offensive styles. Swansea's manager Michael Ladrup will be in charge of a top team after this year.

Matchday One ahem :eek:

I never picked a club to support I honestly enjoy watching every game.

My prediction: 1. Chelsea 2. Manchester City 3. Arsenal 4. Manchester United 5. Spurs (again)

I hope Altidore settles in at Sunderland. If anybody is looking for a fun team I suggest Swansea or Southampton. Good passing, offensive styles. Swansea's manager Michael Ladrup will be in charge of a top team after this year.

Swansea brought in a handful of Spanish players to add to the squad, and Laudrup used to star at Real Madrid back in the 90s. Yes, they will be fun to watch this year.

I think City has done the best in terms of bolstering their talent, and they have a much calmer coach now that Mancini is gone. They already had a very solid defense.

Chelsea to me still needs another striker, and they have to do one of two things - either (1) switch David Luiz to defensive midfielder, like Benitez used him, so you take advantage of his attacking and passing skills and minimize the risks he poses to defense by over-committing going forward; or (2) keep Luiz in central defense and bring in a guy as a defensive midfielder who can tackle and initiate offense - a guy like Daniele DeRossi, who there was a lot of talk about a month ago, but now it's completely silent. I thought Chelsea was using the Wallace loan as an incentive for Roma to sell us DeRossi.

I don't want Rooney. I think Jose has been tapping him up to unsettle United. Rooney doesn't train hard, he looks a little thick and out of shape, and he just isn't that explosive goal threat that he used to be a few years ago. Now, he would just be another Mata or Oscar trying to win time as the Number 10 in the lineup.

I would like to get Samuel Eto'o, if he will take a reasonable salary and Anzi doesn't want too much for him. I loved him at Inter, and he is precisely what Chelsea needs as an alternative to their other striking options - somebody quick with the ball at his feet in tight spaces.

You look at Chelsea, and I believe that Torres could have another 20 goal season, because he fits the way Mourinho likes to counter attack with a lightning fast break down the field. Torres can still run in space, so that will suit him. Lukaku, I believe can give them the hold up play and great powerful runs in close to goal. Demba Ba doesn't look skillful enough to play with these guys. I know he knows how to find the net, but I think Ba is the most expendable of the group.

All of that said, I'd like to see Chelsea get Robert Lewandowki. He would be a great finisher in the box with all that service from the 3 amigos. For me, add DeRossi and Lewandowski and I think they can challenge for Champions League honors as well as the Premier League.

Lukaku scored (I think) 17 goals for West Brom on loan last year. Not much in the way of support. Playing in front of Hazard, Oscar, and Mata I think Lukaku could bag 20+ honestly. He's very good. This is not a World Cup thread but Belgium is about to enter a 6-8 year period of top four finishes in major tournaments.

Looks like I'll be out of town now so you guys will have to keep me updated now...

Had to watch Chelsea debut on a delay but I very much liked what I saw. Could have easily been 4-0. Lampards strike was breathtaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom