Erv Philips commits fyi | Syracusefan.com

Erv Philips commits fyi

Good get, I know some people weren't overly impressed with his film but I like that we offered early and now have a quality RB in the fold which is desperately needed after taking 0 last year.

Welcome aboard - great get! Now we need some Big Uglies to round out the group!

Skinny 5-10 180, meh, probably end up in the slot
The graphic they just showed during the Louisville game for Perry on Louisville said he's 187 and he's pretty good. Let's not get too caught up in how much a kid weighs. He could be very productive at less than 200 lbs.

Welcome abroad and is a good pickup me after yesterday. Just out of curiosity did this kid have any other BCS offers?

Duke Johnson at Miami is under 200lbs. 5'9'' and 196. Not saying he is Duke by any stretch but I wouldn't judge someone by just their size.

Skinny 5-10 180, meh, probably end up in the slot

I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier, but why the hell didn't Pasqualoni offer him? He's rated as the 3rd-best player in Connecticut. And he's quick as hell.

he is built for the quick screen and slot game.. also a gulley type 3rd down back.

I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier, but why the hell didn't Pasqualoni offer him? He's rated as the 3rd-best player in Connecticut. And he's quick as hell.

Take that as a positive sign..

Erv Magic Phillips. I want playmakers and it looks like we just got another one.

Although he only caught 12 balls as a junior, he averaged 28 yards per catch ... 28!
What makes this number more impressive is he caught the majority of those balls at or behind the line of scrimmage. Great yac.