ESPN changes SU v Duke start time | Syracusefan.com

ESPN changes SU v Duke start time

jimb

Walk On
Per TheACC.com, the February 22nd game at Duke has been changed from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

Per TheACC.com, the February 22nd game at Duke has been changed from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
They should just swap it to 9:00 pm and have college gameday come there. It'd be nice if they left the college gamedays open and set them a week in advance or so.

They should just swap it to 9:00 pm and have college gameday come there. It'd be nice if they left the college gamedays open and set them a week in advance or so.
It would be difficult for schools to ramp up in that short a time. Weeks and weeks went into planning and organizing the Game Day at Syracuse. An amazing amount of logistical work is involved

It would be difficult for schools to ramp up in that short a time. Weeks and weeks went into planning and organizing the Game Day at Syracuse. An amazing amount of logistical work is involved

Football does it. Maybe because those sets arent actually in the arena?

If they wanted to do it, I am sure there's a way.

Football does it. Maybe because those sets arent actually in the arena?

If they wanted to do it, I am sure there's a way.
Football is different. First (with one exception), it is outdoors. It doesn't involve dealing with a small arena or bringing lots of stuff into a small arena, doesn't involve as much planning with students, doesn't involve as much ramped up security. The logistics are totally different and much simpler. Plus, they tend to do football game days at those mega-stadiums that are accustomed to huge crowds on game days. If they had done the Duke@SU game at the last minute, the sizable ESPN crew would not have been able to find enough hotel rooms.

Duke @ Cuse and Cuse @ Duke will be the 2 highest rated CBB games on ESPN this year.

Football is different. First (with one exception), it is outdoors. It doesn't involve dealing with a small arena or bringing lots of stuff into a small arena, doesn't involve as much planning with students, doesn't involve as much ramped up security. The logistics are totally different and much simpler. Plus, they tend to do football game days at those mega-stadiums that are accustomed to huge crowds on game days. If they had done the Duke@SU game at the last minute, the sizable ESPN crew would not have been able to find enough hotel rooms.

So we'll never host the football gameday I guess.

So we'll never host the football gameday I guess.

I'm sure this is true, but lack of hotel rooms is probably reason #246.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom