ESPN got half of the new NHL rights deal | Syracusefan.com

ESPN got half of the new NHL rights deal

This is interesting news.. I assume Center ice changes now if it moves to espn+ will you need it anymore? Thats a big savings for me.

This is interesting news.. I assume Center ice changes now if it moves to espn+ will you need it anymore? Thats a big savings for me.
Me too. Ordered it 8 straight years to watch the Sabres and have given up by mid-season each year but still come back in the fall.

Me too. Ordered it 8 straight years to watch the Sabres and have given up by mid-season each year but still come back in the fall.
Well you wont have Eichel to kick around much longer

Well you wont have Eichel to kick around much longer
Is he a FA? As he is a guy I would love in Boston. He went to BU and is from Boston suburb.

Is he a FA? As he is a guy I would love in Boston. He went to BU and is from Boston suburb.
rumors he is done with the organization and will have to move him.. he is going thru the motions now.

He has 7 years, $70m left on his deal.

Thank God!!! Hopefully this means we don’t have to listen to as much nba talk, which makes me turn the station. Espn radio after the super bowl is horrid with their nba crap and mlb boring takes.

Last edited:
Who is getting the other part ? NBC was trash ..

He has 7 years, $70m left on his deal.
Then he won’t be a Bruin.
Hockey guys at 10+ unless they are Conor McDavid don’t do it for building a 4 line team.

One team that needs a stud is Montreal but they have too much sunk into Price I suspect

One team that needs a stud is Montreal but they have too much sunk into Price I suspect
All the rumors that I have seen pop up are centered around the Kings and Rangers. Mega markets that are loaded with high end young talent so it makes a lot of sense. I imagine Lafreniere is probably off limits so imagine a Rangers deal around Kaapko with 1 of Buchnevich or Kravtsov, a 1st and taking on some kind of salary. With the Kings I'd certainly be happy with Byfield and 1 of Turcotte/Kaliyev.

Both of those prices are extremely high but when's the last time that a 24 year old no doubt #1 center got dealt? Wish there was a world in which we could attach Skinner to any Eichel deal and take less back to get rid of that noose but don't think any one out there is taking on $19m in long term deals unless Buffalo retained 30-40% of the skinner deal.

Pretty nice deal although I wish they were showing more than 25 National TV games. Not surprised they are going to show tons of games on ESPN+ so NHL.TV will be going away.

Would love if they can get Thorne back though I hope they also bring in new broadcasting talent

I saw a show on YES today.. talked about the new deal.. interesting how Disney owns BAM and they are they tech being used to stream this stuff. NHL owns part of it too.. the deal about doubles the money the NHL is getting every year and current thinking ESPN+ will not go up in price because of it.. The big question is what happens to the Canada TV deal which was double the US deal before..

of course this also means you have to stream everything which sucks..

Didn't know where else to put this but bought this lil gem with my stimmie and it came today lol. Now it'll go get hung up in the closet and never seen again but no longer need to wish my parents bought me one when I was 12.

Kons2.jpg

Attachments

• kons.jpg
    kons.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 83
Didn't know where else to put this but bought this lil gem with my stimmie and it came today lol. Now it'll go get hung up in the closet and never seen again but no longer need to wish my parents bought me one when I was 12.

View attachment 198699
why did you put a Red wings Logo on a Cornell Jersey

why did you put a Red wings Logo on a Cornell Jersey
Can't tell if you're making a joke or never saw the awesome Nike jerseys that only like 5 teams wore for a couple years in the late 90s.

He’s not movable. Love Price and all he’s done for us but that contract was bad.

Price has not play that bad this yr though left out to dry my the D too often.. its the offense that has dried up again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom