ESPN on RU recruits | Syracusefan.com

ESPN on RU recruits

Carroo is already a soft verbal to RU. He apparently is taking a visit to Miami this weekend...

I would like to order a Darius Hamilton with a side of Leonte Carroo.

That article is crazy but the thing that stands out to me the most is that 5 Rutgers assistants showed up at Bosco. Plus Schiano would have been 6 coaches showing up to Bosco to recruit two kids. That's how you get it done folks.

Agree 100%, that is how you get it done in your backyard

not sure why everyoen gets all ginned up on the don bosco kids - i really can't name one who became a legit college star and i don't believe any of them made it into the league, i may be wrong.. but if someone can name a few great players that came out of don bosco - have at it!!!

not sure why everyoen gets all ginned up on the don bosco kids - i really can't name one who became a legit college star and i don't believe any of them made it into the league, i may be wrong.. but if someone can name a few great players that came out of don bosco - have at it!!!

Valid point...I just looked on the Don Bosco wiki page for notable alumni...the only standout player on the list is Ryan Grant.

I dont think Don Bosco was ranked in the top 10 for much of the season because of good looks. They clearly have talent, whether that be a few elite players or numerous quality players I dont know off hand, but that school is notoriously in the news for its football success and its fairly close to Syracuse. A place that the SU staff needs to focus heavily on now that Schiano is gone. Just my .02

Because they have a knack for building college ready talent

That article is crazy but the thing that stands out to me the most is that 5 Rutgers assistants showed up at Bosco. Plus Schiano would have been 6 coaches showing up to Bosco to recruit two kids. That's how you get it done folks.

Well, it's just down the road from them, so it's not that big a deal. It would be like 6 of our staff driving to Rochester. You don't see six of them showing up in Ohio or Florida to recruit 2 kids (so far as I know...).

I dont think Don Bosco was ranked in the top 10 for much of the season because of good looks. They clearly have talent, whether that be a few elite players or numerous quality players I dont know off hand, but that school is notoriously in the news for its football success and its fairly close to Syracuse. A place that the SU staff needs to focus heavily on now that Schiano is gone. Just my .02
theyve been ranked that way for many years and yet have not produced a D1 star, or NFL star, except for ryan grant, as was mentioned..

Well, it's just down the road from them, so it's not that big a deal. It would be like 6 of our staff driving to Rochester. You don't see six of them showing up in Ohio or Florida to recruit 2 kids (so far as I know...).

And weren't there reports as recently as maybe last year that Schiano and Toal (or someone influential enough at Don Bosco) had a strained relationship? If you have a powerhouse like that in your backyard and there seem to be some issues, you might want to send the entire staff to help mend the fences.

Wondering what the right way is these days to communicate that you've taken another job in the coaching world. The new team might want to control the media release as much as possible, not to mention you have to be sure that everything is worked out. So if you call your players in for a meeting and be a stand up guy and tell them, how many of them pull out their phone and start tweeting? It's national in a matter of seconds.
Obviously Edsall is on the worst end of this spectrum, I still don't think he's been back to the state of Connecticut to this day. But I can understand that this process just isn't easy, even if one wanted to be stand up guy and let his players and coaching staff know first.

Wondering what the right way is these days to communicate that you've taken another job in the coaching world. The new team might want to control the media release as much as possible, not to mention you have to be sure that everything is worked out. So if you call your players in for a meeting and be a stand up guy and tell them, how many of them pull out their phone and start tweeting? It's national in a matter of seconds.
Obviously Edsall is on the worst end of this spectrum, I still don't think he's been back to the state of Connecticut to this day. But I can understand that this process just isn't easy, even if one wanted to be stand up guy and let his players and coaching staff know first.

Agreed, it's not easy. If you lets assistants know, they are on the phone pretty quick looking for jobs as well. It has to be tough

Thanks for stating the obvious Matt. But no, 6 Syracuse coaches have never shown up in Rochester before that I'm aware; and not this year for JJones either. Maybe 6 coaches should have shown up at Ishaq's house down in NYC last year though - sure couldn't have hurt.

And Schiano has shown up with mulitple coaches out of state before - just ask Ray Rice how many coaches showed up at his high school. I've also seen them do this in Maryland and Florida.

Thanks for stating the obvious Matt. But no, 6 Syracuse coaches have never shown up in Rochester before that I'm aware; and not this year for JJones either. Maybe 6 coaches should have shown up at Ishaq's house down in NYC last year though - sure couldn't have hurt.

And Schiano has shown up with mulitple coaches out of state before - just ask Ray Rice how many coaches showed up at his high school. I've also seen them do this in Maryland and Florida.

Maybe just 4 - do a Barber Shop Quartet type of thing. Serenade recruits outside their bedroom windows while they are sleeping. As long as they get there before Notre Dame shows up.

Maybe just 4 - do a Barber Shop Quartet type of thing. Serenade recruits outside their bedroom windows while they are sleeping. As long as they get there before Notre Dame shows up.

They should do whatever it takes that doesn't break the rules. Like Muschamp donating to a recruit's Church the other day.

I would like to order a Darius Hamilton with a side of Leonte Carroo.

This may have been possible had Rob Moore not completely blown his visit at Bosco earlier this year. There is no chance any of the Bosco kids come to Cuse.

This may have been possible had Rob Moore not completely blown his visit at Bosco earlier this year. There is no chance any of the Bosco kids come to Cuse.

What was the story about this?

What was the story about this?
It was a rumor that Rob Moore offered a kid and didn't know he had already committed, and then didn't know one of their rising prospects. Apparently people here throw it around like facts, but we all know deepthrowit is a Rutgers fan.