ESPN: On-Site Presence for SU-Duke | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: On-Site Presence for SU-Duke

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...t-presence-duke-north-carolina-syracuse-duke/

No. 5 Duke at North Carolina Thursday at 9 p.m. on ESPN; No. 1 Syracuse at No. 5 Duke Saturday at 7 p.m. on ESPN

ESPN’s enhanced coverage of No. 5 Duke at North Carolina on Thursday, Feb. 20, and undefeated No. 1 Syracuse at No. 5 Duke on Saturday, Feb. 22, will include a live studio presence from the site of both games. Coverage will begin from Chapel Hill on Thursday morning with Rece Davis, Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg providing live reports and analysis through the day and halftime around the rescheduled Duke at North Carolina game (ESPN, 9 p.m. ET).

The crew of Chris Cotter, Jay Bilas and Greenberg will then move to Duke’s campus where they will appear across ESPN platforms from Friday morning through Saturday in anticipation of that day’s Syracuse-Duke rematch (ESPN, 7 p.m.). Saturday’s 6 p.m. College GameDay Covered by State Farm telecast will derive from inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, with the trio also handling halftime live from the court. The crew of Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale, along with reporter Shannon Spake, will call the game.

Syracuse remained unbeaten and assumed the No. 1 spot in the national rankings following a 91-89 overtime win in the first meeting between the programs on February 1. The game averaged nearly 4.8 million viewers, making it the network’s third most-viewed regular-season men’s college basketball game on record.

Also on Saturday, College GameDay will be represented by Rece Davis, Digger Phelps, Jalen Rose and Jay Williams in Boulder, site of ESPN’s No. 4 Arizona at Colorado Saturday Primetime Presented by DIRECTV game (ESPN, 9 p.m.). The show will originate from the Coors Events Center at 10 a.m. on ESPNU and 11 a.m. on ESPN, and include segments from Duke. Dave Pasch and Bill Walton will have the call of the game, along with reporter Holly Rowe.
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...t-presence-duke-north-carolina-syracuse-duke/

Arizona (and the Pac 12 conference in general) must be a bit upset that they are being made to share the GameDay limelight with another game.

Arizona (and the Pac 12 conference in general) must be a bit upset that they are being made to share the GameDay limelight with another game.

Two of the biggest brands in the sport vs Zona and UC?

They are lucky ESPN didn't scrap it.

Two of the biggest brands in the sport vs Zona and UC?

They are lucky ESPN didn't scrap it.

They really need to think about doing what they do for football, and go to the best game that week.

Not only that, but SU and Duke get the ESPN crew of Shulman, Vitale...and Bilas calling the game. Pasch is an SU guy and Walton is an entertaining nut, but the ACC game is being treated as the more prestigious game.

No. 5 Duke at North Carolina Thursday at 9 p.m. on ESPN; No. 1 Syracuse at No. 5 Duke Saturday at 7 p.m. on ESPN
The crew of Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale, along with reporter Shannon Spake, will call the game.
I'm already hearing Vitale's inane shouting,
"College basketball...are you kidding me? It doesn't get better than this. Tobacco Road Titan versus the new kid on the block. Boeheim and Krzyzewski...Almost 2,000 wins between them, baby!" and on and on and on until down goes my sound.
They've got two top guys in Shulman doing PBP and Bilas doing color. Why ruin it?

I'm already hearing Vitale's innane shouting,

"College basketball...are you kidding me? It doesn't get better than this. Tobacco Road Titan versus the new kid on the block. Boeheim and Krzyzewski...Almost 2,000 wins between them, baby!" and on and on and on until down goes my sound.

They've got two top guys in Shulman doing PBP and Bilas doing color. Why ruin it?

cuz its dukie v

dick-vitale-duke.jpg

How often does Bilas call a game with Vitale? i don't remember it happening often. Or it could happen every game... i forget these things as soon as the game is over.

ESPN’s enhanced coverage of No. 5 Duke at North Carolina on Thursday, Feb. 20, and undefeated No. 1 Syracuse at No. 5 Duke on Saturday, Feb. 22, will include a live studio presence from the site of both games. Coverage will begin from Chapel Hill on Thursday morning with Rece Davis, Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg providing live reports and analysis through the day and halftime around the rescheduled Duke at North Carolina game (ESPN, 9 p.m. ET).

The crew of Chris Cotter, Jay Bilas and Greenberg will then move to Duke’s campus where they will appear across ESPN platforms from Friday morning through Saturday in anticipation of that day’s Syracuse-Duke rematch (ESPN, 7 p.m.). Saturday’s 6 p.m. College GameDay Covered by State Farm telecast will derive from inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, with the trio also handling halftime live from the court. The crew of Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale, along with reporter Shannon Spake, will call the game.

Syracuse remained unbeaten and assumed the No. 1 spot in the national rankings following a 91-89 overtime win in the first meeting between the programs on February 1. The game averaged nearly 4.8 million viewers, making it the network’s third most-viewed regular-season men’s college basketball game on record.

Also on Saturday, College GameDay will be represented by Rece Davis, Digger Phelps, Jalen Rose and Jay Williams in Boulder, site of ESPN’s No. 4 Arizona at Colorado Saturday Primetime Presented by DIRECTV game (ESPN, 9 p.m.). The show will originate from the Coors Events Center at 10 a.m. on ESPNU and 11 a.m. on ESPN, and include segments from Duke. Dave Pasch and Bill Walton will have the call of the game, along with reporter Holly Rowe.

Wow. I guess they don't normally get that kind of basketball brand power playing games 2 days apart in basically the same place other than the big tournaments, so bring the A-Team. Forget that Gameday has already been scheduled miles away. And oh by the way, have Gameday spend a lot of time showing the other set with the A-Team. I guess it pays to show what people want to see.

Not only that, but SU and Duke get the ESPN crew of Shulman, Vitale...and Bilas calling the game. Pasch is an SU guy and Walton is an entertaining nut, but the ACC game is being treated as the more prestigious game.

You got that right.

For the west coast game the only crew they need is Walton...he talks enough just by himself.