ESPN Q&A With Hunt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Q&A With Hunt

If any of you watched the Ryan Nassib QB Camp with John Gruden (or whatever it was called), Nassib did a nice job of explaining how the run/pass option works. Really everyone does the same thing on the play no matter what the read is. The QB is the one who decides who ends up with the ball. The OL, backs and receivers do the same thing, not truly knowing who is going to end up with the ball. This is something a lot of HS teams do, but they will have the coach signal in to the QB telling him what to do. I know we have new coaches and may not be running the particular play that Nassib was describing, but if you didn't see it, try to find it somewhere. It was good stuff.

If any of you watched the Ryan Nassib QB Camp with John Gruden (or whatever it was called), Nassib did a nice job of explaining how the run/pass option works. Really everyone does the same thing on the play no matter what the read is. The QB is the one who decides who ends up with the ball. The OL, backs and receivers do the same thing, not truly knowing who is going to end up with the ball. This is something a lot of HS teams do, but they will have the coach signal in to the QB telling him what to do. I know we have new coaches and may not be running the particular play that Nassib was describing, but if you didn't see it, try to find it somewhere. It was good stuff.
Hope this helps.
Ryan Nassib Gruden's QB Camp:

KaiserUEO said:
Off all QBs plate. Knowing the plays is not an advantage now. It will be skill and accuracy and execution. No Saturday Tebows, want to see it all week.

It's never all just skill, accuracy, and execution. It's leadership and moxie too.

Also - just because QB's don't need to give the WR their routes - doesn't mean they don't know the plays or need to know when and where they will be.

Now if only our superior snarky fan base can rally around the young man instead of being wannabe coaches , he could really rise to the top. Hunt is The Man.
95% of the fanbase is behind Hunt, you just think we aren't because we disagreed with you when you made the ridiculous statement saying he's a heisman candidate this year.

95% of the fanbase is behind Hunt, you just think we aren't because we disagreed with you when you made the ridiculous statement saying he's a heisman candidate this year.
I've climbed off the ledge , for now.

T Hunt is the leader of this team. Kimble will be a solid backup. The ends are thriving under Mac. Hunt is a I want to get hit now I'm ready to go kind of warrior. The kind of kid that gets it into gear when contact is allowed. We are stronger at the position than in 2013.