ESPN QB's "To Watch" for 2021 NFL Draft...Tommy DeVito | Syracusefan.com

ESPN QB's "To Watch" for 2021 NFL Draft...Tommy DeVito

Stern

All American
They list the favorites for QB's to be drafted early in the 2021 draft. Then in their " QB's to Watch" they list Tommy Devito and give him a little write up to back up why.

Cool to see him get a shoutout. I'm very skeptical that he gets drafted next season, but it's not impossible. Seems like Cisco is pretty easily our biggest hope.

Cool to see him get a shoutout. I'm very skeptical that he gets drafted next season, but it's not impossible. Seems like Cisco is pretty easily our biggest hope.

Agreed I think a lot of people get caught up in his 4 star ranking. I hope he does have a great season career because it helps the football team.

Last edited:
Like any pro style QB, TD needs time to throw and receivers who can get open. Do that and he can get the ball to them. I don’t know how well TD reads defenses, because frankly he never had enough time to demonstrate it one way or another. We can’t count on him to create like Dungey did. He’s a different QB.

Last edited:
Burrow had 13 teammates drafted How would burrow or Tua or any other Qb faired with that line play ? And the rib injury is so overlooked ?. Drop any of those QBs into the meat grinder and let’s see or give tommy what they had ... don’t forget tommy couldn’t really run or get hit with the injury we all saw the wheels in the western mich game and towards the end of the season with the injury healing he started running . His skill set top to bottom can rival
Any Qb and the real evaluators know it

I hope TD kills and enters the draft because if he chooses to play a 5th year, I suspect its unlikely to be at Syracuse (i.e. the Joe Burrow effect). Yes, Burrow wasn't the starter and TD is, but if TD needs a 5th year and a team with better talent offers him the job, then I don't see why he doesn't take it.

If the offensive line is decent (not good), he will put on a show. 2300 yards through the air behind an anemic line and when he sporadically split snaps with Clayton Welch. If he has time in the pocket, he can go for 3500+. He finished the season without throwing a pick the last seven games. That's progression you want to see.

Burrow had 13 teammates drafted How would burrow or Tua or any other Qb faired with that line play ? And the rib injury is so overlooked ?. Drop any of those QBs into the meat grinder and let’s see or give tommy what they had ... don’t forget tommy couldn’t really run or get hit with the injury we all saw the wheels in the western mich game and towards the end of the season with the injury healing he started running . His skill set top to bottom can rival
Hmmm...sounds a lot like a former parent that used to frequent the board. Is that you CT?

Hmmm...sounds a lot like a former parent that used to frequent the board. Is that you CT?

My 1st response was obviously meant to get some laughs. But after reading some of the recent posts, you may be onto something. I see some similarities. :cool:

Edit: I'm 99.9% convinced it's him.

Last edited:

Were all of Burrow's teammates that were drafted on the offensive side of the ball? I think Tommy is an excellent player, and the porous o-line was mostly to blame for last year. That said, Tua and Burrow are worlds better. You're biased.

I hope TD kills and enters the draft because if he chooses to play a 5th year, I suspect its unlikely to be at Syracuse (i.e. the Joe Burrow effect). Yes, Burrow wasn't the starter and TD is, but if TD needs a 5th year and a team with better talent offers him the job, then I don't see why he doesn't take it.
The Burrow Effect?
Burrow was a backup at Ohio State to JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins.
He transferred and was a 2-year starter for LSU.

Other than they are both quarterbacks, I don't see any similarities between 5-year DeVito (after good season junior season) and 3rd-year/graduate Burrow leaving OSU.

I firmly believer that DeVito's last two seasons are going to be very strong.

The Burrow Effect?
Burrow was a backup at Ohio State to JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins.
He transferred and was a 2-year starter for LSU.

Other than they are both quarterbacks, I don't see any similarities between 5-year DeVito (after good season junior season) and 3rd-year/graduate Burrow leaving OSU.

I firmly believer that DeVito's last two seasons are going to be very strong.
Burrow was the top pick because he’s good, but also because he had insane talent around him. All I’m saying is If a job opened up at a P5 power with crazy talent, then I suspect he would take it to improve his chances. Pure speculation.