ESPN reseeding the Sweet Sixteen | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reseeding the Sweet Sixteen

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
With so many top seeds eliminated, it's time to reseed the Sweet 16

cage_bliss.gif

Last regular season game, SU beat the Clemson team he has at #3 on that list. But that list doesn't matter -- prove it on the court.

My reseed
1. Villanova
2. Duke
3. Texas A&M
4. Kansas
5. Kentucky
6. Michigan
7. Gonzaga
8. Clemson
9. Purdue w/0 Hass
10. Texas Tech
11. West Virginia
12. Florida State
13. Syracuse
14. Nevada
15. Loyola
16. Kansas State

I don’t care we are 13th it’s just sweet to be playing still.

So ridiculous. We had a top 20 nonconference SOS, but we had no meaningful wins after going 11-2 during that slate. And how convenient to mention only the losses in our 8-10 ACC record, but not the road wins vs. Louisville and Miami, and the home win vs. their reseeded 1 seed. I have no issue with the "reseeding" here, but give the team some credit.

As of today, Syracuse is ranked 44th in Kenpom's adjusted efficiency margin (16th among remaining teams). The next team still alive is K-State at 39. SU is 5th in defense efficiency, and 3rd among remaining teams. However, they are last among remaining teams in Adjusted offensive efficiency ... by a ridiculous amount. Among remaining teams, K-State (again) is 15th and their national rank is 74th. SU's is 139th. Nearly twice as far back.

Doesn't mean that SU is doomed to lose, but it's interesting to see how much of an outlier they are in terms of offense. Eight teams are congregated in the top-20 of adjO. In terms of tempo, teams are much more spread out and SU is dead last again, but K-State(again), Loyola, and Michigan are down there near them.

As of today, Syracuse is ranked 44th in Kenpom's adjusted efficiency margin (16th among remaining teams). The next team still alive is K-State at 39. SU is 5th in defense efficiency, and 3rd among remaining teams. However, they are last among remaining teams in Adjusted offensive efficiency ... by a ridiculous amount. Among remaining teams, K-State (again) is 15th and their national rank is 74th. SU's is 139th. Nearly twice as far back.

Doesn't mean that SU is doomed to lose, but it's interesting to see how much of an outlier they are in terms of offense. Eight teams are congregated in the top-20 of adjO. In terms of tempo, teams are much more spread out and SU is dead last again, but K-State(again), Loyola, and Michigan are down there near them.

44th? Contact honored.

Hey, KenPom - we’ve got your efficiency RIGHT HERE.

/smashes computer with a large rock.

How you like us now?

Rather play Kansas first then Duke
agree. Of the 16 remaining teams, in order of who I think is the worst matchup for us 1. Duke 2. Nova 3. Mich/Kansas/A&M. Just a bummer to get Duke, as they know the zone and have played it already this year.

He was wrong about everything all the time it was comical
When he said any scoring we got from Otis Hill was a bonus, it was clear he knew nothing about that team. I guess scoring that you get from your second leading scorer who averaged double figures is a bonus.

Here is what the media really wants...a tourney with just the blue bloods/media darlings. No field of 68. Just these invitees:
- Kansas
-Duke
-Kentucky
-UNC
-Michigan State
- Arizona
- Villanova
- Gonzaga

They don't want any of the mongrels in to pull upsets and knock out their chosen programs.

Lol the first time I ever heard a call for reseeding was before the 1996 final 4 when we beat Kansas (#2 seed) and ESPN etc were clamoring for it so Kentucky and UMass would meet in the finals both #1 seeds and not Syracuse (#4 seed) nor Mississippi St (#5 seed). They don’t like programs who bust the brackets unless they deem them a true Cinderella and want them there. Funny how some years some programs tournament path while a lower seed really bothers them.

We were the 11 seed in ACCT. Then 11 seed in the Midwest. Now the 11 seed in the hypothetically reseeded S16.

If we are the 11 seed in the Final Four next week, then I’ll be surprised.

Lol the first time I ever heard a call for reseeding was before the 1996 final 4 when we beat Kansas (#2 seed) and ESPN etc were clamoring for it so Kentucky and UMass would meet in the finals both #1 seeds and not Syracuse (#4 seed) nor Mississippi St (#5 seed). They don’t like programs who bust the brackets unless they deem them a true Cinderella and want them there. Funny how some years some programs tournament path while a lower seed really bothers them.
This is the first time I remember hearing it as well

I think the whole reseeding thing is the stupidest idea. The thing that makes the tournament so unpredictable is that if you beat a #1 seed you become a #1 seed. You have their path now and can be rewarded. That is what I love about it.

Here is what the media really wants...a tourney with just the blue bloods/media darlings. No field of 68. Just these invitees:
- Kansas
-Duke
-Kentucky
-UNC
-Michigan State
- Arizona
- Villanova
- Gonzaga

They don't want any of the mongrels in to pull upsets and knock out their chosen programs.

Blue Bloods:
Kansas - 14 final fours, 3 championships

Kentucky - 17 Final fours, 8 championships

North Carolina - 20 final fours, 6 championships

Duke - 16 final fours, 5 championships

"Blue bloods":
Gonzaga - 1 final four, 0 championships

Arizona - 4 final fours, 1 championship

Villanova - 5 final fours, 2 championships

Michigan State - 9 final fours, 2 championships

You consider any of the teams in group 2 to be on par with actual Blue Blood programs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom