ESPN The Bottom 10 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN The Bottom 10

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The Bottom 10 just means more with Tennessee and the SEC

1. U-Can't (1-0)
The Randy Edsall Charm School made Bottom 10 history this week, jumping from third to first in the rankings despite winning its game. How in the world does that happen? When that win is a 24-21 nail-biter over Wagner, a team picked to finish fourth in the FCS Northeast League. When asked about the Huskies matching last year's win total after only one week, Edsall said, "I'm never going to apologize for winning, I don't care if we're supposed to beat somebody 62-10. A win's a win, and for our program we needed to win, regardless how it was." He then gulped down a cup of drywall nails and vanished from the press room in a cloud of red smoke.

10. Give Me Liberty (0-1)
The Fightin' Falwells made their bowl-eligible FBS season debut at home against Syracuse, and new head coach Hugh Freeze proved once and for all that our fathers were right when, over the noise of our PlayStation 2s, they kept yelling, "This is no way to go through life, lying in bed playing NCAA Football all night!"

That's super harsh on Liberty. They just came into the FBS. I don't know if this is a slight against an Evangelical school ("Fightin' Falwells"), Hugh Freeze, or the Syracuse Orange. Can't tell

Some of the bottom 10 arent really bottom feeders, but have a good funny story that they want to point out. In tis example, hugh freeze coaching from a hospiatal bed
Hopefully that's the reason then

Liberty would beat Howard by 30+ points. I watched the Howard game and they are undersized and very slow. There were times watching the game where I thought there was no way the MD guy would score, but they ran right past the Howard player. I really think people are putting too much stock in that box score. Howard is that bad.

Liberty would beat Howard by 30+ points. I watched the Howard game and they are undersized and very slow. There were times watching the game where I thought there was no way the MD guy would score, but they ran right past the Howard player. I really think people are putting too much stock in that box score. Howard is that bad.

Here's hoping you're right. Still figured the last 3 TDs would've been 3rd stringers and walk ons scoring on them

Not trying to hype them up, but they have several transfers from FBS schools, and a highly-touted former SEC coach. they also went 6-6 last year. They aren't UConn or Howard. I agree with your assessment.
The FBS transfer pipeline has had a spigot put onto it. Most of their transfers came when they were D-1AA and those players could play immediately without sitting out a year. Now that they're D-1A, they aren't any more attractive to transfers than any other school would be because the "sit-out" rule now applies.

Why is Liberty in the Bottom 10?
image-1.png

Most people just send their assistants. This was a dog and pony show and ESPN is right to call them out for this nonsense.

I wish my like for post could be a thumbs up from freeze in the bed!

image-1.png

Most people just send their assistants. This was a dog and pony show and ESPN is right to call them out for this nonsense.
Clearly trying to do some image rehab on that goon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom