ESPN to pay $80m PER YEAR for Rose Bowl Game...PER YEAR!!!! | Syracusefan.com

ESPN to pay $80m PER YEAR for Rose Bowl Game...PER YEAR!!!!

44PRIDE

All Conference
$80M PER YEAR!!!!

With all of today's action, it isn't surprising that we lost track of this story. But ESPN has agreed to pay $80 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR for the rights to show the Rose Bowl. Let that sink in for a minute.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a game-changer of EPIC proportion and is absolutely HUGE for those schools in the 5 major conferences. .

This has set the bar for the SEC/B12 and Orange Bowls. As they said at MrSEC.com, "If you’ve got the money to spend $80 million on the Rose Bowl, you’ve probably got the cash to go much, much further."

ESPN will likely try and corner the market for these games.

Let the bidding war begin y'all.

Only a matter of days before the SEC finds a way to lock themselves into the Rose Bowl and keeping everyone else out of it. Most likely with pac12

This is good news. So nice to be in the Big 5. I thought the ACC's deal with the Orange included rights to when the Orange Bowl was a Final Four game. If so - wow.

Only a matter of days before the SEC finds a way to lock themselves into the Rose Bowl and keeping everyone else out of it. Most likely with pac12

While the scheduling agreement between the P12/B1G had dissolved, I believe their agreement for the Rose Bowl still remains. (could be very wrong tho)

While the scheduling agreement between the P12/B1G had dissolved, I believe their agreement for the Rose Bowl still remains. (could be very wrong tho)

You're right. One had nothing to do with the other. The Pac 12/Big 10 match-up in the Rose Bowl has roots that go back over 65 years, so isn't likely to change any time soon.

Will never happen.

I'm surprised that the Rose Bowl can wield that kind of financial muscle.

Are its ratings that good every year?

I'm surprised that the Rose Bowl can wield that kind of financial muscle.

Are its ratings that good every year?

Yes. My understanding is the Rose Bowl is always the highest rated Bowl game each year after the NC game.

Cheers,
Neil

Yes. My understanding is the Rose Bowl is always the highest rated Bowl game each year after the NC game.

Cheers,
Neil

You would be correct.