ESPN Top 75 Players in NCAA Tourny History | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Top 75 Players in NCAA Tourny History

Going back to a thread from a month ago - I present Oscar Robertson. Are you serious?
ncb_g_robertson_576.jpg

I wish everyone could have seen Oscar play. To this day, I'll say I'd rather see a game with Oscar playing than one with MJ.

I was at the game shown in the picture above. If memory serves me correctly the K-State player is Cedric Price.

Did he even have that in college? I thought it was something he developed while he was a Laker.

He led the Bruins to three consecutive NCAA titles, earned Most Outstanding Player honors at the Final Four each year. In those six Final Four games, he averaged 25.7 points and 18.8 rebounds. He also revolutionized the position with his patented hook shot. College basketball officials banned the dunk in 1967 in part because of Alcindor's production. So he utilized his finesse to carry UCLA to multiple national titles. He's a legend. -Myron Medcalf

Yes but it's always Wilt or Russell. I'll take Kareem any day. He would be unstoppable in any era with that sky hook.
Agree 1,000,000%. No one could even slow him down, and everyone knew the hook was coming. I can't believe no current players have tried to perfect it or a reasonable facsimile.

Agree 1,000,000%. No one could even slow him down, and everyone knew the hook was coming. I can't believe no current players have tried to perfect it or a reasonable facsimile.

You are clearly forgetting the master of the hook in todays game

deniz-kilicli-winn.jpg

UCLA players were pros, paid by anonymous supporters whose actions were ignored by Wooden.

Going back to a thread from a month ago - I present Oscar Robertson. Are you serious?
ncb_g_robertson_576.jpg

IMO, Robertson deserves consideration for one of the top 4-6 players in NBA history.

To those who haven't, read "The book of basketball" by Bill Simmons. Not the type of book you read cover to cover, but altogether a great compilation of the history of the NBA.

And yes, Kareem Abdul Jabbar is a guaranteed top 5, imo top 3, player in NBA history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom