ESPN wasting no time on Springfield: | Syracusefan.com

ESPN wasting no time on Springfield:

Just imagine the coverage that the investigation of an athletic department media director from another school would get.

In fairness, you really need to go searching for that on ESPN.com. It's nowhere near the front page, at least the last time I looked. You have to go to More Sports, then College Sports (general, not MBB or FB) to find it. If it stays there, very few people will actually see it.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it's now on the CBB page among the headlines. Not FB, of course, because naturally they have to put anything remotely scandalous in basketball in hopes that people will associate it with Bernie.

Has ESPN rented out any long term hotel suites here in town yet? I would expect a remote base camp with several 100 minions looking for scraps of information.

But even they haven't uncovered what this is about. :noidea:

For the love of pete, fellas...what's the big surprise with this?
On the one hand we want the SU brand to be prominent and always complain when we feel slighted.
OTOH, when the media reacts to news about SU thats reflective of said prominent brand, we whine about it.
Can't have it both ways.
We're a huge name in cbb, w/ a legendary coach who just achieved a major milestone in the sport.
The good, bad, and indifferent will be reported on by the media. Move along...nothing to see here.:bang:

That's because they are worthless and waiting for someone else to do it for them.

What exactly did they report with that article and how does it generate any interest beyond the local Syracuse community??...at least until there are some allegations related to whatever it he is accused of attached to it.

For the love of pete, fellas...what's the big surprise with this?
On the one hand we want the SU brand to be prominent and always complain when we feel slighted.
OTOH, when the media reacts to news about SU thats reflective of said prominent brand, we whine about it.
Can't have it both ways.
We're a huge name in cbb, w/ a legendary coach who just achieved a major milestone in the sport.
The good, bad, and indifferent will be reported on by the media. Move along...nothing to see here.:bang:

I don't disagree with your logic, but what exactly is news here? If you never lived in Syracuse to see him as the local sports anchor, who is Roger Springfield?? And, he isn't accused of anything yet, that might actually be newsworthy. I would agree with you with respect to this story if they were breaking the reason that he was terminated and under investigation or if it were a nationally recognizable figure in the athletic department.

they know what it is about, but their reporting on Fine gave them a black eye and even put them in mild legal jeopardy, so they will play it close to the vest and only report the official word.

but of course they know - hell, I bet half or more of the board knows at this point

I don't disagree with your logic, but what exactly is news here? If you never lived in Syracuse to see him as the local sports anchor, who is Roger Springfield?? And, he isn't accused of anything yet, that might actually be newsworthy. I would agree with you with respect to this story if they were breaking the reason that he was terminated and under investigation or if it were a nationally recognizable figure in the athletic department.
Oh, surely you don't expect accuracy, insight, relevance, and context in your media reporting, do you?
You have far more faith than I, my good man.
Post-Standard + Bernie Fine "scandal" + Syracuse U + "new, vague Investigation" = headlines.
No excuses needed.

This is all about nothing as far as I'm concerned until Zach Tomaselli talks about it on his Facebook page.

Oh, surely you don't expect accuracy, insight, relevance, and context in your media reporting, do you?
You have far more faith than I, my good man.
Post-Standard + Bernie Fine "scandal" + Syracuse U + "new, vague Investigation" = headlines.
No excuses needed.

Wow! Just saw your signature pic. I better call the HVAC guy and make sure my compressor is running at optimal settings. And pull the car in the garage.

Wow! Just saw your signature pic. I better call the HVAC guy and make sure my compressor is running at optimal settings. And pull the car in the garage.
Dude, we're DOOOOOMED!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom