ESPNInsider Snubs 'Cuse Backcourt... | Syracusefan.com

ESPNInsider Snubs 'Cuse Backcourt...

arbitragegls

All Conference
and indicates that Cincy, Louisville, and Pitt have the 3 best backcourts in the BE... this according to CBS' Jon Rothstein and ESPN's Greg Rosenstein.
What...we have Triche who is steady and very good and MCW supposedly heading for the NBA...how is this possible. Help me understand?

and indicates that Cincy, Louisville, and Pitt have the 3 best backcourts in the BE... this according to CBS' Jon Rothstein and ESPN'sGreg Rosenstein.
What...we have Triche who is steady and very good and MCW supposedly heading for the NBA...how is this possible. Help me understand?

No worries...when they get their a$$es kicked by an "underrated" Syracuse backcourt, it will be even better!!

No one has seen MCW really, people definitely have not seen Cooney, and Triche has never had to shoulder the load.

Oh I mean:

It will be more fun to see ESPN backpedal on this topic later in the season.

When Brandon Triche is on his way to BE POY and first round NBA draft pick, they won't be fooled again

Does it matter how they are ranked, pre-season?
BT, MCW and Cooney need to prove it on the court, in big games. What they did in Utica over the summer (or not) does not mean a thing.
Check back at the end of December.

Seriously, who gives a what ESPN thinks in the preseason.

Seriously, who gives a **** what ESPN thinks in the preseason.

You could take it a step further and ask who cares what they think in the regular season, since it's not like it impacts what happens on the court, but yes, complaining about preseason backcourt rankings (especially when 2 of the three members of our backcourt either have no college experience or limited college experience) seems a little overboard

and indicates that Cincy, Louisville, and Pitt have the 3 best backcourts in the BE... this according to CBS' Jon Rothstein and ESPN'sGreg Rosenstein.

Actually, according to ESPN, Triche has been secretly fondling people all over campus and MCW is a bath salts kingpin. Mark Schwarz is all over it.

Actually, according to ESPN, Triche has been secretly fondling people all over campus and MCW is a bath salts kingpin. Mark Schwarz is all over it.
once again..please hold comments from the paid site under the radar...there are actually kids that read these posts...and why havent you sent me a jack&coke?!

We have one returning backcourt player with significant experience, and he has been a good, but not great college player through 3 years. The other two backcourt players have 1) less than 100 minutes of action in Big East games and 2) not played a single college hoops game. Why would anyone rank this crew in the top 3 based on what they've shown?

That said, I think the backcourt will be pretty good and has the potential to be very good if MCW performs the way I expect him to based on his talent.

It's not a snub for christ's sake. Everybody here is hyping them on potential. Like Mason wrote the only guy with real minutes is Triche who is a good but not great player. He's also inconsistent and not a leader, imo...yet. Go out there and prove them wrong. They are not top 3 now. The MCW annointing of all these incredible feats and accolades is getting to be plain lunacy. He's barely done anything!

We have one returning backcourt player with significant experience, and he has been a good, but not great college player through 3 years. The other two backcourt players have 1) less than 100 minutes of action in Big East games and 2) not played a single college hoops game. Why would anyone rank this crew in the top 3 based on what they've shown?

That said, I think the backcourt will be pretty good and has the potential to be very good if MCW performs the way I expect him to based on his talent.
Not unless we are factoring in "flashes of brilliance" at a high rate, in which case MCW vaults the team to the top.

I firmly believe he could/will be the best guard in the BE this year. But wait and see.

Spot on.

I know people are excited about him, but I have no idea what to expect from Cooney.

EPSN insiders also predicted that the 2003 season would be a rebuilding team because of how unsure they were of the performance of its two new freshman in melo and gerry.

Looks like ol' Rothy took exception to the ribbing he received from Cuse fans after his infamous practice visit.

When Brandon Triche is on his way to BE POY and first round NBA draft pick, they won't be fooled again

lol.

Look, this isnt that surprising. MCW has never started. Cooney has never played. And Triche is a career role player who should have a good little season.

i love Syracuse's backcourt this year and think, if MCW and Cooney are as expected, we could have the best backcourt in the BE - which is to say one of the best backcourts in the country. Keep in mind the backcourts in the BE are ridiculously good this year. For espn to predict that Louisville, Cincy and Pitt's backcourts will be better is not necessarily a slight to Syracuse. I think Pitt in particular could be as good as any in the country. If Woodall returns to the form he was in at the start of last year, he will be the best PG in the conference (barring a monster season from MCW.) And the new guys, Zeigler and Robinson, are great additions for Pitt. And besides, its not a bad thing having SU's backcourt a little under the radar. MCW has enough pressure on him as it is, and I'd like to see Cooney have a few games where noone's really expecting much from him. that'd make for a nice coming out party for him the first time he knocks down 4 or 5 threes in a game on national tv!

Lots of optimism about MCW, not unlike the Ashton Broyld expectations on the football board.

It's all based on potential at this point. Time will tell.

It's not a snub. It's just a little unbiased, perhaps thats where the confusion is. By the end of this season I think SU's backcourt will have earned soem praise and respect. As of right now they haven't.

It's not a snub for christ's sake. Everybody here is hyping them on potential. Like Mason wrote the only guy with real minutes is Triche who is a good but not great player. He's also inconsistent and not a leader, imo...yet. Go out there and prove them wrong. They are not top 3 now. The MCW annointing of all these incredible feats and accolades is getting to be plain lunacy. He's barely done anything!

To be fair, the crazy part is trying to rank these things preseason. Because it's hard to rank something based on potential or hype, but if you're only going off what's proven you're not going to be right very often in college hoops these days. That said, I'm in the camp of liking Triche but not sure if I like him as a 35-40 mpg go-to guy in BE games. I'm very much in a wait and see mode on that (and I don't even think he'll be asked to do that, for the record).