ESPN's Top 10 all time Big East team | Syracusefan.com

ESPN's Top 10 all time Big East team

RF2044

Living Legend
Two nights ago, Sportscenter featured a segment where they went through the top 10 players in Big East history. They delivered the top 10 list in multiple segments, and I missed two people on the list.

'Cuse had three players, which I am 99.9% sure was more than anybody else on the list. Carmelo, Pearl, and DC [no Sherm, which surprised me a little].

The list pretty much played out as I would have expected, with the lone exception of Walter Berry being lower than I would have expected. But in any event, here was the list.

10--Carmelo
9--?
8--?
7--Walter Berry
6--Ray Allen
5--Allen Iverson
4--Pearl Washington
3--Derrick Coleman
2--Chris Mullin
1--Patrick Ewing

Did anyone catch the segment? I'm wondering who came in at the #9 and #8 spots.

I believe it was Rip Hamilton at 9 and definitely Kerry Kittles at 8.

Cheers,
Neil

You mean all 10 weren't from UConn? The Boneyard must be in meltdown.

Two nights ago, Sportscenter featured a segment where they went through the top 10 players in Big East history. They delivered the top 10 list in multiple segments, and I missed two people on the list.

'Cuse had three players, which I am 99.9% sure was more than anybody else on the list. Carmelo, Pearl, and DC [no Sherm, which surprised me a little].

The list pretty much played out as I would have expected, with the lone exception of Walter Berry being lower than I would have expected. But in any event, here was the list.

10--Carmelo
9--?
8--?
7--Walter Berry
6--Ray Allen
5--Allen Iverson
4--Pearl Washington
3--Derrick Coleman
2--Chris Mullin
1--Patrick Ewing

Did anyone catch the segment? I'm wondering who came in at the #9 and #8 spots.

I would put Sherm or Billy Owens ahead of Melo, just because they played in the conference 3 and 4 years as opposed to only 1. I would also consider Troy Bell, Richard Hamilton and Troy Murphy, if they aren't among the two missing. Hard to ignore guys that were twice voted conference player of the year.

I'm telling you one of the two missing was definitely Kerry Kittles and I believe the other was Rip Hamilton, who I think always gets shortchanged in these things since in terms of Big East play and college play overall he outdid Ray Allen.

Cheers,
Neil

Moten? Its not about NBA, right.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

In a semi-related note, I need to get this off my chest. I've never been a huge fan of the unoriginal "first initial followed by first syllable of the last name" nickname (GMac, TRob, etc), but for Moten it would have been perfect. He would have been "Elmo."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

In a semi-related note, I need to get this off my chest. I've never been a huge fan of the unoriginal "first initial followed by first syllable of the last name" nickname (GMac, TRob, etc), but for Moten it would have been perfect. He would have been "Elmo."

I have a co-worker that would fit that bill as well, I think he just picked up a new nickname.

I didn't see the show but I have seen other articles with the same concept over the years. The BE has had sooo many great players, picking 10 is real hard and ranking them even harder. Great question though that would elicit endless answers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I believe it was Rip Hamilton at 9 and definitely Kerry Kittles at 8.

Cheers,
Neil

Really? Kerry Kittles? If they wanted to put a Nova player on there, it should have been Harold Pressley. That dude was an old skool baller.

You mean "Tickle the Twine" ElMo?

Just call Lawrence Moten "All Time, as in FOREVER, Big East Scoring Leader".

Really? Kerry Kittles? If they wanted to put a Nova player on there, it should have been Harold Pressley. That dude was an old skool baller.
Kittles was a beast.

Better than being a LaMo I guess.