Even if they all leave | Syracusefan.com

Even if they all leave

the world wont end.
Breathe.
I agree. I understand the anger and the frustration. But we will recover from a kid that was only going to be here one year not coming here. We still will have a good team next year. I think it will be a better team than the one we put on the floor this year. Marek and Ob will be better. I think our centers will be better. Sidibe for sure. I think the trio of Howard, Carey and Hughes will be good. We will see about Buddy. The world didn't come to an end today. It hurts no question. But it is not the end of the world.

I’m not gonna lie I was insanely pissed for about 20 seconds when I read the news.
Then I realized I had to finish work.
This kid will understand what that’s like soon enough.
I have faith in Jim and red

I agree. I understand the anger and the frustration. But we will recover from a kid that was only going to be here one year not coming here. We still will have a good team next year. I think it will be a better team than the one we put on the floor this year. Marek and Ob will be better. I think our centers will be better. Sidibe for sure. I think the trio of Howard, Carey and Hughes will be good. We will see about Buddy. The world didn't come to an end today. It hurts no question. But it is not the end of the world.

Totally agree, I do wonder if the staff will adjust the recruiting strategy. Tough to pass on talent like this, but if they continue to pull BS like this, is it worth pursuing them?

Ya our program is cursed our borderline guys leave early we lose our starting center before the ncaa tournament over grammar. Now we become the first program to lose a recruit to the garbage league but all is well.

if Bourama comes back healthy and Oshae makes the right choice we'll still be a very good team.

(that word starting the above statement is obv the key)

Ya our program is cursed our borderline guys leave early we lose our starting center before the ncaa tournament over grammar. Now we become the first program to lose a recruit to the garbage league but all is well.
Anyone ever tell you that you are a baby? Really? We lost Pearl to the draft in '86 and went to the final four the next year. We lost our starting point guard before '96 and went to the final four. We lose guys. It isn't the end of the world. We just had a bad team go to the sweet 16. Things aren't so bad. Try rooting for some other team and most would trade places with us in a second. You can't get upset about things that no one could have done anything about.

EE5A4C13-B058-432F-8981-40BF4294250F.gif

How am I being a baby?
You are whining and feeling sorry for yourself. We are all in the same boat. It really isn't the end of the world. We will be pretty good next year. Not what we hoped for but that doesn't mean we can't be real good. We have experience and we have some good players that just experienced some success in the tournament. Plus, we don't know what we don't know. we won't find a bazley out there but we can find a guy that can come in and help us win games.

I kinda feel dumb for admitting this, but I had no idea high school kids could make the jump straight to the g league. Has this always been a thing? And why don't more kids make that jump?

Sure, we should be okay next year. Likely another bubble type team. Middle of the pack again in a very good ACC.

But we just lost an impact player, a Melo type of talent.

It’s hard to sugarcoat it at the moment.

You are whining and feeling sorry for yourself. We are all in the same boat. It really isn't the end of the world. We will be pretty good next year. Not what we hoped for but that doesn't mean we can't be real good. We have experience and we have some good players that just experienced some success in the tournament. Plus, we don't know what we don't know. we won't find a bazley out there but we can find a guy that can come in and help us win games.
I'm not feeling sorry for us I'm feeling sorry for our program coaches players and fans who got screwed today.

A sure sign that things are bad is when people resort to the “its only sports” schtick.

On this one, I’m almost there. I mean, yeah, I’m here reading about it and posting about it, but I really didn’t care when I heard it today. I laughed. Perhaps Stanton opening his Yankee career with a 2 run HR was just the distraction I needed. But to me, college basketball has been in decay since kids were forced to go to college for a year. Turned it into more of a joke than it was. We’ll see what this leads to.

Sure, we should be okay next year. Likely another bubble type team. Middle of the pack again in a very good ACC.

But we just lost an impact player, a Melo type of talent.

It’s hard to sugarcoat it at the moment.
Nonsense

I kinda feel dumb for admitting this, but I had no idea high school kids could make the jump straight to the g league. Has this always been a thing? And why don't more kids make that jump?
Don’t feel dumb. I didn’t know it either. I thought the stupid g league was associated with the NBA which still had a rule against kids coming in before 1 year in college. I’m getting to the point where I believe every worst case scenario will happen.

the world wont end.
Breathe.
I take comfort in a similar thought, but it is different, because instead of remembering that the world won't end, I remind myself that we're all going to die anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom