Every ACC game has been winnable | Syracusefan.com

Every ACC game has been winnable

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
That is what is so frustrating. All the losses were very winnable, at minimum (ND shouldn't have been even close).

Had to have this one in OT 1 when we had the ball for last shot.

Frustrating.

Players that weren't fouled our were gassed. Short bench gets us again. Dolezaj is a real mystery at this point. Simply has digressed over the past few weeks.

Hard to pick on Battle after such a big offensive game but he killed us bringing the ball up.. Two turnovers on 10 second calls and lost another steal from behind when dribbling. I understand we want him to have the ball to score but he does not need to bring it up.

Players that weren't fouled our were gassed. Short bench gets us again. Dolezaj is a real mystery at this point. Simply has digressed over the past few weeks.
MD has been exposed playing against ACC talent. He looked good against mid majors.

MD has been exposed playing against ACC talent. He looked good against mid majors.
Everybody from the beginning of the year said he wasn’t strong enough and he outhustled ppl. If he can sustain that motor and gain some weight and a shot...he will be fine. It is funny but he played so well that now he sucks. If he did this all year everybody would say he just isn’t ready.

Except Washington looked like a scared freshman out there most of the time.

Interesting thing about human nature and how two different people looking at the same identical thing can see something different.

My eyes saw a somewhat confident Washington come into the game in the first half and shortly thereafter buried a 3. He also appeared confident (solid handle) in bringing the ball up the floor, and he made several good passes, including some for assists. What I see is a Washington (a player who's has been playing hoops his entire life and good enough to be at a P5 school) who has been grilled by his coach that he can't take off his training wheels, and if he does, he'll get himself a little a boo-boo.

Hard to pick on Battle after such a big offensive game but he killed us bringing the ball up.. Two turnovers on 10 second calls and lost another steal from behind when dribbling. I understand we want him to have the ball to score but he does not need to bring it up.
Exactly. Washington should have been bringing up the ball, with Battle there to help out.

Interesting thing about human nature and how two different people looking at the same identical thing can see something different.

My eyes saw a somewhat confident Washington come into the game in the first half and shortly thereafter buried a 3. He also appeared confident (solid handle) in bringing the ball up the floor, and he made several good passes, including some for assists. What I see is a Washington (a player who's has been playing hoops his entire life and good enough to be at a P5 school) who has been grilled by his coach that he can't take off his training wheels, and if he does, he'll get himself a little a boo-boo.
I thought HW played fairly poised basketball out there. I actually wish they had looked for him to get some open 3s in the overtime periods. Battle had a GREAT game but he needs to be looking out for his teammates for open shots. Too much tunnel vision with him at times.

su has one of the youngest teams in the nation (334 out of 351) and has been competitive home and
road in one of the two toughest conferences.

that indicates there is good reason to keep hope alive.

but have to start winning some of these.

Last edited:

great post and agree completely - HW acquitted himself VERY well today and to say otherwise is to have some kind of agenda or to have not watched the game

I though Battle cost the game too with his 2 10 sec calls. First of all he is barely adequet when guarded by 1 man, double him and I cringe. Also while understanding he is the "man" for this team, constant 1 on 5 ain't going to work. And lastly I saw Washington as playing well. Good D, good ballhandling (mostly) and not nervous at all, confident in fact.

I though Battle cost the game too with his 2 10 sec calls. First of all he is barely adequet when guarded by 1 man, double him and I cringe. Also while understanding he is the "man" for this team, constant 1 on 5 ain't going to work. And lastly I saw Washington as playing well. Good D, good ballhandling (mostly) and not nervous at all, confident in fact.
I totally agree but I thought Washington passed up a couple of shots he should have taken in close. He is so quick to make passes he may not even saw the shots but when Battle is doing all the shooting, not hard to defend. Another question....what happened to Brissett in this game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom