Every now and then JB says something that really catches my eye... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Every now and then JB says something that really catches my eye...

Got to keep things in perspective. Anyone else care to guess the number of threes for each?
Cooney 6-8 range.
Gbinije 4-6 range
Kaleb 1-4 range. more off a dribble then spot up. Not sure 3 point is his area as much as midrange even as sg.
Malachi 4-6 range I see him getting his looks over a 7 minute span instead of 4-5. Hes might have a isolation pullup as early as this year.
Lydon 2-4
Howard 1-4 (Hes our assist guy sounds like he could get 8-15 minutes a game, hes got range).
With those numbers I think 27 is likely early on during some acc games.
That is nearly 2-3 of our shots and adding, transition and putbacks.

Last edited:
Why would Lydon play center instead of Roberson?

From CBS Sports Jon Rothstein (who was here locally watching practice last week)

CUSE.png
SYRACUSE ORANGE

Tyler Lydon will have a significant role as a freshman
He didn't arrive in Upstate New York with the same type of pedigree as fellow freshman Malachi Richardson -- who was a Top-30 recruit out of high school. But after watching the Orange practice earlier this week, it's clear that Lydon is going to be a major piece in Syracuse's puzzle during the upcoming season.

“He's a 6-9 forward who will play three positions and he will,” Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim told CBS Sports about Lydon. “He can really shoot the ball."

Deceptively tough, Lydon is an underrated offensive rebounder and can extend the defense from different angles. With the Orange thin up front aside from DaJuan Coleman and Chinonso Obokoh, look for Lydon to also log time in the middle of Syracuse's 2-3 zone on defense when neither of those two traditional big men are in the game. Boeheim said he hopes his team can attempt 25 or 30 three-point shots a game this season and that will be easier when Lydon is on the floor because of his ability to bring opposing big men away from the basket. This is one of the more under-the-radar freshman in the ACC and maybe the country.

I didn't pay attention at the time, but did we attempt to recruit Chinanu?
I don't believe we ever offered which is a bummer with his brother doing well here. Lord knows we could use him this year.

FWIW we brought in McCullough that year.

I didn't pay attention at the time, but did we attempt to recruit Chinanu?

Apparently the Onuaku family is sour about Arinze's injury situation, so Syracuse wasn't considered.

What was there to be sour about?

Got me - I only heard about it on this board a year or so ago.

Seems unfounded from where my position, but I'm not the one with the knee injuries.

We had Obokoh and were after Bryant his teamate and Diagne as well. We had other options.

Apparently the Onuaku family is sour about Arinze's injury situation, so Syracuse wasn't considered.

I thought I remember JB saying he didnt recruit him because he would have been behind too many other players

I thought I remember JB saying he didnt recruit him because he would have been behind too many other players

Which players are those????

Which players are those????

Coleman, Roc, McCullough, Obokoh, Grant was expected to still be here, expected to get Diag, thought we were in good standings with Bryant

No one has mentioned that in Rothsteins' little excerpt there he said JB wants to take 30 3s a game????

No one has mentioned that in Rothsteins' little excerpt there he said JB wants to take 30 3s a game????

I saw some article on Facebook about this. If true I'm very excited for this season.

I saw some article on Facebook about this. If true I'm very excited for this season.

I'm excited and hopeful at the beginning of every season. Every time around this year I think we are going to win a national championship. And I keep thinking we are going to win a national championship until the very last game of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom