Every year we made final 4, one common theme... | Syracusefan.com

Every year we made final 4, one common theme...

kramer

• uncle leo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maury

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
we had a seinior on the team from the syracuse area.

87 Triche
96 Sims
03 Albright
13 Triche

in 87 and 96 monroe and 96 wallace hailed from rochester

This one is even weirder... Each time we made the NC game, either my mother or one of her siblings died during Regional Finals week.

Uncle Charlie died in March 1987; my mother died in March 1996; and Uncle Joe died the day we beat Oklahoma in 2003.

My mother had only two siblings. So that run has ended.

Call your grandparents and tell them to adopt someone sickly, quick! We need another Final Four this year!

This one is even weirder... Each time we made the NC game, either my mother or one of her siblings died during Regional Finals week.

Uncle Charlie died in March 1987; my mother died in March 1996; and Uncle Joe died the day we beat Oklahoma in 2003.

My mother had only two siblings. So that run has ended.
Sorry for your losses cto. I hope they all lived great lives.

87 Triche
96 Sims
03 Albright
13 Triche

That shows that upstate NY produces some pretty good basketball players.

You didn't mention the 1974-75 team, which also made the Final Four. One of the starters, Chris Sease (a junior), was from Nottingham HS (Syracuse). Jimmy Williams (sophomore) was from Buffalo. And Rochester was represented by froesh forward Marty Byrnes.

ChrisSease.JPG

Rocket Man

1974-75 Roster

You didn't mention the 1974-75 team, which also made the Final Four. One of the starters, Chris Sease (a junior), was from Nottingham HS (Syracuse). Jimmy Williams (sophomore) was from Buffalo. And Rochester was represented by froesh forward Marty Byrnes.

ChrisSease.JPG

Rocket Man

1974-75 Roster

also coulda shoulda woulda have included 2010 andy rautins.

that ao injury still stings.

but bodes well for the 2016 F4 if you know what i mean...

87 Triche
96 Sims
03 Albright
13 Triche

Cute point, but here's the most important "common theme." Every year we made the Final Four, we had at least one McDAA on the team. This year we had three.

Other question. Name a year we didn't have an Upstate NY player on the team?

Cute point, but here's the most important "common theme." Every year we made the Final Four, we had at least one McDAA on the team. This year we had three.

are we talking upstate or syracuse area now?

we didnt have any syracuse area in 03-04 if im not mistaken. but craig forth could be considered upstate.

Probably never.

Probably never.

depends on what he means by upstate ny player.

Upstate New York is a region of the U.S. state of New York north of the core of the New York metropolitan area. There is no clear or official boundary between Upstate New York and Downstate New York, and other names exist for regions north of New York City — either as part of, or distinct from, the Upstate region.

if that is the definition, as the top basketball program in the region - it would be astonishing if we didnt have multiple players per year.

Were there any upstate NY kids in 91? Roe was gone, Scott was gone, Sims and Wallace weren't here yet. I can't think of anyone, unless there was a bench player I forgot about.

Good thing Coleman is from J-D to continue the streak.

Were there any upstate NY kids in 91? Roe was gone, Scott was gone, Sims and Wallace weren't here yet. I can't think of anyone, unless there was a bench player I forgot about.

Dave Siock was from Vestal.

ChrisSease.JPG

Rocket Man

1974-75 Roster

Also, Bob Parker from Rochester.

ChrisSease.JPG

Rocket Man

At first glance, I thought that this picture was a still from the Lakers dream sequence in the movie Fletch. "He's 6-5, with the afro 6-9."

maxresdefault.jpg

Gritty kid from the streets of Harlem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom